Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Interesting to note they think the Stop start is "slow to start the engine"
I have the MA and there is no way I can get right foot from brake to gas before its started and the clutch has me creeping. maybe its the JTDM

·
Registered
34,411 Posts
Interesting to note they think the Stop start is "slow to start the engine"
I have the MA and there is no way I can get right foot from brake to gas before its started and the clutch has me creeping. maybe its the JTDM
Perhaps Stop Start is not so compatible with a two-pedal set up?.I am pretty impressed with Multiair manual.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Its OK when it works, given the choice I'd have the logic a bit different though.
i.e. If you apply handbrake and take foot off brake she should stay stopped.
I also think I confused the hell out of both G and me when I put her in park to give feet a rest in traffic. Few mins later- back in drive off brake ... nothing, scratch head, ended up spinning the key to get her restarted car must remember to read manual :) but it seemed logical to me for it to restart anyway

Restarts are instant though and the whole thing is very unobtrusive (unless he wipers happen to be sweeping lol)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Noticed your status1 Sounds like the MA TCT is good fun then! You must have been one of the first to get one after launch. My order is in and it is going to be a long time til April before I can have the grin on face!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I ordered blind having tested and loved the manual MA back in September the word was good that the issues had been ironed out of the Mito version so I took the plunge. Only had it 2 weeks.
It was a good gamble :)
My left foot finds itself looking for something to do every now and then :rolleyes:
Absolutely nailed a Focus hoodlum tailgating me yesterday, approaching a roundabout slightly uphill, ... soooo ... slipped into "D"... all clear ... flick the left paddle ... tad of foot and off we trot .. 3rd exit like we're on rails :)
Auto box takes over to smoothly take us the rest of the way to the national speed limit (cough)
Absolutely effortless for me and the car.
He did try bless him - but I think there were tears in his eyes when he finally caught up.
Ithinkyou'regonnaloveit!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Well thats a relief....I haven't got mine yet and seriously looking forward to it now. Should be this week apparently:)

Interesting observation regarding the diesel being the faster version real world....hinted at in both articles. I found this to be the case when test driving both manual versions last year. The 170 Jtdm is a genuinely fast drive which was an unusual selling point for me.... I expected the opposite.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Feeling relieved after reading these reviews! Mine should be in late Feb, can't wait :) It's petrol though, couldn't justify Diesel with petrol prices lower than Diesel here in Switzerland... and I guess the difference would be marginal anyway :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
mm not checking out the devils fuel may have been a mistake on my part.
I get the feeling differing performance sweet spots leave differing impressions.

jtdm will likely be better off the line as there is a slight delay from a standstill that
as a manual (non turbo) driver I'm just not used to. Launch control anyone ?
Also as a non turbo driver i wasn't used to the
"Oh my giddy aunt where did THAT come from" a bit further up the revs :wow:
Plasma
I'll meet you half way and we can see side by side where that 0.1 of a second shows itself .lol

·
Registered
240 Posts
All sounding very good indeed - love fast exits off roundabouts so I think I will be staying off the motorways come April. I have ordered mine blind too -petrol is cheaper for me company tax wise although the diesel has more torque, hence feeling faster perhaps, the MA with turbo should compensate. Had a 2 litre petrol turbo Volvo in the past which had slightly less power and a fair bit less torque than the G and that was a hoot to drive.

Roll on April for the fun to begin again! The Audi I am in just do it for me!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts