Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day all

In the process of acquiring this lady yes. First time Alfa buyer, hence registering on this forum,

Haven't seen too much feedback on her, apart from that, took her for a test drive, AMAZING.

Any other owners?

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
read up about oil specs. make sure you car gets the right stuff. don't trust that the agent knows the difference between engine oil and olive oil. insist on seeing the empty can after service.

enjoy.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
I know three owners what do you want to know?

Heres what I can say, some owners get used to the power very quickly...speak to RGM if you want to chabge the map at all if possible.

Please ensure you have the oil chabged with Selenia oil at most every 15000km.

Thats it...the cars are loud AF, quick enough for the evg person and they look great. Id say enjoy it. Welcome to the Alfa fold!!!

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-UL00 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rein

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Congrats, good to have ppl joining the forum.

Reactions: Rein

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome thanks guys. Will provide an update on her in the next month or so. Travelling between Pta and Joburg for a month or 2, so it will be a good test,

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats! post a pic. What's the ride like - hard ? Open road consumption?
Picked her up yesterday morning, damn the Dynamic mode is truly insane. Took her to Pta and back and I struggle to go easy. Honestly only started picking up on the awesome build quality as the power of the car is overwhelming. Don't even get me started on the exhausts sounds, crazy!

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Picked her up yesterday morning, damn the Dynamic mode is truly insane. Took her to Pta and back and I struggle to go easy. Honestly only started picking up on the awesome build quality as the power of the car is overwhelming. Don't even get me started on the exhausts sounds, crazy!
Drove a Toyota 86 before, suspension def not harder. Firm grip, feel safer in the front wheel drive than the 86's loose ass.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
To be fair to the Toyota 86, it was specifically designed to have, in your words, "a loose ass". It's not as if it's a secret - it's a feature.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To be fair to the Toyota 86, it was specifically designed to have, in your words, "a loose ass". It's not as if it's a secret - it's a feature.
Absolutely Giorget2. Built for drifting. Drove her for a good 5 years, so much pleasure and goodness. But yes, was time to move on. So far so good!

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
True, like in old Porches, but not a feature appreciated by someone used to Alfas.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
I had a chat to RGM this weekend at ODI, and I asked him about the SC, he said they(FGASA) only wanted up to 30kw extra...he said the car can go alot more.

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
lol listening to Rob is like listening to a greek tell a story.. divide it by two and a 1/4 of that is true

Reactions: El 4 Romeo

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had a chat to RGM this weekend at ODI, and I asked him about the SC, he said they(FGASA) only wanted up to 30kw extra...he said the car can go alot more.

This all for info... Just seems like no one realizing SC overall package and limited edition is special !!! Similar to bmw 333 I from what I understand was also a SA only edition

1 - 20 of 61 Posts