Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of chopping in the wifes Fiat Punto Evo for a new Giulietta.

My biggest gripe with the punto is that with my sons baby seat fitted behind the passenger seat i have to move the front seat forward to the point my near are touching the dashboard. Obviously this is uncomfortable on a long journey.

Also on a long drive the road noise is high at 70/80MPH

Is a Giulietta significantly bigger in the back to a Punto Evo? and is it quieter?

It will be a brand new 2014 model 1.4 Petrol Multi Air - not the old model.

Thanks!

·
Registered
708 Posts
I have done what you are thinking and just upgraded from a grande punto to a giulietta. Rear legroom is much better than the punto. I'm a bit on the tall side and am used to people kneeing me in the back but this has disappeared in the G

Also used a baby seat yesterday for my niece. It's again better than the punto but i ended up moving the seat forward as she kept putting her feet on the leather seat back. She's only 23 months so i couldn't just explain nicely hehe.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds promising, thank you how do you find the road noise in it compared to the Punto?

·
Registered
708 Posts
That sounds promising, thank you how do you find the road noise in it compared to the Punto?
The giulietta is way quieter when moving, but while idling the punto was quieter. Keep in mind that I had a 1.2l petrol and now I have a 2.0 Diesel so this was expected. Then again, the G has start stop so any long stopped periods generally mean a switched off engine.

As regards road noise from wheels, I think that it depends a lot on your tyres. Personally I cannot tell you what it sounds like on motorways, as we have none of those in my 27 km long country lol. (No i have not misspelt it, I do mean 27km) :lol:

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
I went from a 105MA Punto Evo to a 170 MA Giulietta,

The Giulietta has much more rear legroom. More so than a volvo s60.

The Punto was slightly louder but on the move there is not much in it. The engine is certainly quiter on the Giulietta and there is better soundproofing.

·
Registered
497 Posts
loads of leg room after we fit our car seat and the ISO base

however we had to put the car seat behind the passenger seat as I think generally speaking the G requires the drivers seat to be a bit further back with streched legs.

·
Registered
562 Posts
The sound proofing on the new model is also a lot better than the old one, not that the old one was bad but it has been vastly improved.

·
Registered
688 Posts
She's only 23 months so i couldn't just explain nicely hehe.
Aww Bless

I keep shouting "oi feet" to my 15 yr old son, god knows how he gets them where he does, on my seat belt, in my back and once on the hand brake !!!!
I tell you I'm gonna anesthetise him if he does in the G - lol

·
Registered
708 Posts
Aww Bless

I keep shouting "oi feet" to my 15 yr old son, god knows how he gets them where he does, on my seat belt, in my back and once on the hand brake !!!!
I still cannot get my mum to close the door using the handle when she gets out of the car. She insists on slamming the door shut while leaving fingerprints on the paintwork. :rant: And I cannot even begin to count how many times i have to remind her that her 5 shopping bags go in the boot and not between her knees and the glovebox.. But well, she is my mum after all, and I'd rather see her innocently 'mistreating' my car than taking the bus.

on another note, you're the third person in this thread to have upgraded from a punto to a Giulietta.. Is this the new trend? :lol:

R

·
0 Posts
roadnoise does seem to depend on the road surface. I just replaced the front pirelli p7 cinturatos for the latest edition and certain roads seem noisier than ever.

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Aww Bless

No chance of that on the Giulietta. The front armrest stops all stray legs from the back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts