Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.quattroruote.it/news/pro...gti_sfida_fra_le_rivali_di_sempre_video_.html
Italian language obviously but ".....appreciate the perfect synchronism between engine and gearbox and launch control implemented by the sound of the engine always full-bodied and engaging both outside and inside the car. Thanks also to interiors , though not modern , knows how to be nice comfortable, even in the case of long journeys. "
Google translated

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Being Italian I understood every word, but the best bit, they always use the best colour when demonstrating the Giulietta.................

·
Registered
35,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep.
I love Lunar Pearl, it's like the new nuvola blue . That flip is superb.

·
Registered
35,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The two colour doors and dash look good too. Are they the standard seats because of the red leather as mentioned in another thread?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Together, it makes you realise how **** the golf is to look at
Yes and no.

Yes the AR looks sexier, of course, Italian styling, but, look at the Golf, come on, be honest, it looks more robust and better built without question?

In fact every time I'm following a German car I think that's well built, was following an A5 earlier and that thought came to me.............

·
Registered
35,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Long as it's not red..................
It's ironic that. An Italian friend tells me the traditional Italian racing red does not sell that well there but Mercedes/Auto union silber?
At least lunar pearl has some pigment....

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I've had red cars, they suck.....

Show dirt quickly, show chips, red peppered with white chips looks cack and then there's sun bleaching.

Never again would I touch a red car.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
[ Golf ] be honest, it looks more robust and better built without question?
Yes, the body pressings are nicely done, and you can see the designers have spent a long, long time refining the design. But these days, it's a false promise: a Golf only "looks" like a better-built car.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I sadly didn't understand any of that but what I understood is I want my D setting to go red :(

So who did they like the best?

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Yes, the body pressings are nicely done, and you can see the designers have spent a long, long time refining the design. But these days, it's a false promise: a Golf only "looks" like a better-built car.
That built from solid look kind of peaked last generation, though. The Mk7 just doesn't have it. The low front end actually makes it look pretty weak and gives the designers less space to work with so the new Golf R and GTi look a lot less tough than the Mk6 versions. Still, at least you have solid looking, flat and uninspiring panels for 3-4 years until they start to rust from the inside in that usual VW "hewn from solid" way.... ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts