Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I was driving my 2014 Giulietta QV in D mode recently and have it a bit of gas whilst in 4th gear and I felt that it started to quickly over rev without speeding up a lot, I tried it again and it happened again. Could this be the clutch slipping? Or just the transmission working things out? It’s a TCT and has done 49kms.

Thanks in advance,

Joel.

·
Registered
31 Posts
In 4th I'd say it could easily be clutch slip, try it in 6th aswell.

If it does slip for the interim period only then try to use the odd numbered gears to reduce the stress on that clutch

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In 4th I'd say it could easily be clutch slip, try it in 6th aswell.

If it does slip for the interim period only then try to use the odd numbered gears to reduce the stress on that clutch

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
Now I’m thinking that I am just being paranoid, it was in auto so may have been dropping down a gear and over revving it, I took it out again today, gave it gas in all gears, from a stand still to 4th then rolling in 4th and there was no ‘slippage’. So I’d assume it would be consistent if it were the issue.

·
Registered
49 Posts
This is the downside with any dual clutch gearbox. When you drive in 4th gear it expects next gear to be 5, so it will prepare gear 5. When you give more throttle you are demanding gear 3 so it takes some time to change over to 3. The engine rev match gear 3 but have to wait for the gear change, this delay can feel like something is not right if you don't know the underlying cause.

Same thing in city driving you need to set of quick while rolling on 2nd, but the gearbox expects next gear to be 3rd not 1st...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is the downside with any dual clutch gearbox. When you drive in 4th gear it expects next gear to be 5, so it will prepare gear 5. When you give more throttle you are demanding gear 3 so it takes some time to change over to 3. The engine rev match gear 3 but have to wait for the gear change, this delay can feel like something is not right if you don't know the underlying cause.

Same thing in city driving you need to set of quick while rolling on 2nd, but the gearbox expects next gear to be 3rd not 1st...
Thanks for the response, that makes sense and seems like what what happening.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts