Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clocked 15k km and car heading in for first service this week.

When I saw the car in this colour I just had to have it. Haven't regretted it for a second.

Car is fast (very fast), looks good and sounds the part too. Even in standard form (non SE) it sounds tasty. Especially on the inside.

Gearbox is fast and clever (not as fast as on 4C tho). It's better for it as on 4C it felt a little jerky at times. Gearbox a little slow on upshift between 2nd and 3rd if you not on full taps. You get used to it tho.

Interior fit. Much better than Giulietta version 1. And the infotainment a million times better than blue and me.

Steering feels tighter than Giulietta v1 too. Nose doesn't float around as much as V1.

Still an Alfa so it's got flaws. Paint is very soft. Got a few scars on the paint already. The gearlever had to be adjusted by Johadri as it was almost impossible to get into gear a few after I collected. The seat adjustments should only be performed by little children or the double jointed. Big guys like me will struggle. Would have liked xenos for price I paid.

But in summary. Best car i have owned for many many years. Trumps the 4C easy.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Nice...The Facelift looks the part, I never drove one. I think the SC for R369k is a good deal, I won't pay anything over R400k for a GQV with no xenons in 2016.:smoker:

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Good write-up. Never experienced issues with Blue&Me though. I set the language to Irish and it understands me perfectly :cheese:

In all fairness Alfa Romeo does state that this paint requires more maintenance than normal paint and may not be as durable.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
First hand experience, Riaan's GQV is quick, he just overtook me with ease during the last run.
That Matt grey looks magnificent.

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
comment reserved

Reactions: scrgdk

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
comment reserved
Good. You can comment once I buy my Abarth 124. Which will apparently hit our shores end September. But at over R600k

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
Lol not at the price. I really think my affair is now over with the brands.

Reactions: Nic Roets

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
hahahhaaha have you see the price of giuliettas now

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
You still can't have her. And yes, there us one for 190

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
When was the last run and where's the pics?

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
I drove into work this morning and saw a red GQV TcT. It really looked good and the way it pulled also sounded good, a nice pop when changing gears.

I wont mind one thats had depreciated already.

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-UL00 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts