Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, it's time to remove and replace the damaged chrome exhaust end tips on 2014 GQV Launch edition, but can not find any help on how to remove and replace the chrome tips. Can anyone point me in the right direction on how and which tips to get. Thanks

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hi, it's time to remove and replace the damaged chrome exhaust end tips on 2014 GQV Launch edition, but can not find any help on how to remove and replace the chrome tips. Can anyone point me in the right direction on how and which tips to get. Thanks
Hi, Are they the oversize tips or standard? They were riveted on my 2010 Cloverleaf. People have used multitool's, grinders however i found a sharpe chisel was more than sufficient. Have you got replacement tips?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, Are they the oversize tips or standard? They were riveted on my 2010 Cloverleaf. People have used multitool's, grinders however i found a sharpe chisel was more than sufficient. Have you got replacement tips?
hi, thanks for your help.
They came as standard on the Launch edition from new.
I can only access 2 rivets, do you have to drop down the exhaust back box or remove the diffuser to chisel out the other rivets ?
I have not bought replacement chrome tips yet as i am unsure which to get and what size, perhaps you can advise on which to get.
thanks again.

Attachments

·
Registered
33,753 Posts
There are generic tips which you can buy at some exhaust centres. Later Giuliettas have an angled cut to them, less like a wheelbarrow handle!

·
Registered
290 Posts
hi, thanks for your help.
They came as standard on the Launch edition from new.
I can only access 2 rivets, do you have to drop down the exhaust back box or remove the diffuser to chisel out the other rivets ?
I have not bought replacement chrome tips yet as i am unsure which to get and what size, perhaps you can advise on which to get.
thanks again.
You should be able to get a chisel in the gap, I managed it with room to spare without having to take the diffuser off.
I got some generic ones (102mm) with the angled cut which look great. I also got some oval ones (100mm) which looked equally as good but decided against it - I still have these if you’re interested?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You should be able to get a chisel in the gap, I managed it with room to spare without having to take the diffuser off.
I got some generic ones (102mm) with the angled cut which look great. I also got some oval ones (100mm) which looked equally as good but decided against it - I still have these if you’re interested?
sent you a PM

1 - 13 of 13 Posts