Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About to sign up for new Giuliette QV from Western Glasgow will probably be Ghiaccio White. is it a good colour combo. Sorry to see the Brera go but all good things come to an end as it still one of the best looking cars ever.
Carbonio black with full leather and dash with 19 inch S alloys cracking car for any body got a rough idea what it is worth. :thumbs:

·
Registered
33,217 Posts
White was the "launch colour" for the Giulietta in 2010 and about a third of them were made in white , so its what you'd expect . Is it time to move on after 3 years ? Up to your taste really. Alfa red is more timeless in my opinion . My previous Alfa was carbonio and shiny , white wasn't contrasty enough for me!

·
Registered
767 Posts
I like it in white, looks crisp and shows off the cars lines. Plus you'd have the contrast from the dark qv alloys.
I do agree that alfa red (non metallic) is the next best color. I would have gone for red but I had problems with stone chips on my mito though it might be different with the G.
IMO, the G loses all its shape in dark colors.

R

·
0 Posts
I just traded in my white 2012 G 1.4 for a magnesio 2013 GQV - as much as I loved the car in white, the magnesio just looks SOOO much classier - in my opinion...
The rear lights is probably the most defining design feature of the G and unfortunately on any red colour, those lights just fade away into the red body colour - in my opinion... :)

D

·
0 Posts
I agree with the light comment although the front looks nice with the light housing and red paint.

P.s mines white lol

D

·
0 Posts
T your car looks lovely mate.... Saw a black QV this morning that was a little mean looking to.. I like the G in any colour.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I like it in white, looks crisp and shows off the cars lines. Plus you'd have the contrast from the dark qv alloys.
I do agree that alfa red (non metallic) is the next best color. I would have gone for red but I had problems with stone chips on my mito though it might be different with the G.
IMO, the G loses all its shape in dark colors.
Our Giulietta in red are almost free of stone chips after just over two years, so I think former problems with the red colour is fixed.

·
Registered
33,217 Posts
The red on the Giulietta was delayed till it was fixed after the mito experience . White in opinion makes the volume of the Giulietta bigger but does not give the range of tone to show the shape any better. I find the metallics make it look more rounded and that's why I prefer the solid paint. It's personal though!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts