Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I absolutely love my G apart from the petrol cap! It is slowly but surely getting on my ****!!! First it started sticking which Alfa rectified and now it is protruding slightly!!! Contemplating getting a replacement from Alfa but am worried about the paint match because it is plastic!
Any suggestions? Is there an after market replacement out there?

·
Registered
3 Posts
This happened to me this morning; the cap was stuck fast! Looked like a right t*t a the pump trying to get into the fuel cap and then having to drive off on fumes. Fortunaltely it was 1/2 mile from the Alfa dealer so they did something with the hinge and its OK again and is still flush...for now! They did say they have had a few of these sticking so you have been warned ;)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Mine is a bit odd, not sure how flush it should be especially at the top, as Jamie says it sticks out slightly. Is this supposed to be how it fits?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Mine is a bit odd, not sure how flush it should be especially at the top, as Jamie says it sticks out slightly. Is this supposed to be how it fits?
Mine started life flush to the reast of the car, but for some reason the top sticks out and it is fairly noticable, think i might see what the dealer says :)

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dealer is swapping mine. She looked up my model and it came up as a known fault

·
Registered
34,458 Posts
It's a flap,not a cap.My wife refuelled the G last week and forgot to close it's flap.Lucky nobody looked inside and found the alloy cap !

·
Registered
34,458 Posts
the Americans refer to it as a "Gas Door".I just thought it could be confused with the discussions about the accessory cap.
Pedantic , me ?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the Americans refer to it as a "Gas Door".I just thought it could be confused with the discussions about the accessory cap.
Pedantic , me ?
Pedantic for sure!! My New Year resolution is to be kind to all so I will say no more!

·
Registered
329 Posts
if its sticking, theres a release in the boot (that usually breaks!) the fix, i believe is to simply lube the catch :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Update from me: took my bella into Monzasport once they had got the hinge part.
Problem was I'd been smacking the damn cap closed to get it shut which has broken the clip thing that holds it in. So having to replace that too. In the meantime will be driving around with an open fuel cap... :eek:

Annoyed with myself for not taking it in sooner really - lesson learned!

·
Registered
34,458 Posts
My replacement filler flap parts were meant to be fitted on Saturday but were last heard of in Turin and now probably a victim of the strike. I had to use a vending card to get it open this morning.

·
Registered
134 Posts
My cap started sticking this weekend. Sent a mail to my dealer this morning and received an answer within 2(!) minutes telling me to bring it in whenever I wanted and they'd fix it. I delivered the car 10 minutes later.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts