Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I purchased my first alfa a couple of months ago and it's been the best thing I've owned !
It's been raining like mad for two weeks straight so I decided to do a full wash yesterday while it was sunny.

However, at night time when I switched on the rear defogger the outside temp reading showing -15~-30 cel. Temp went back to normal after 10 mins driving and rear defogger switched off.

It's a GQV and pretty much still under warranty as you would imagine, however my dealership is f*** and I just want to know what's going on before bringing it to them.

Attachments

·
Registered
431 Posts
Hi,
However, at night time when I switched on the rear defogger the outside temp reading showing -15~-30 cel. Temp went back to normal after 10 mins driving and rear defogger switched off.

It's a GQV and pretty much still under warranty as you would imagine, however my dealership is f*** and I just want to know what's going on before bringing it to them.
Interesting problem, I'm guessing the heated side mirrors is causing a problem with the temp. sensor in the mirror. I'd checked again if the problem is repeatable when you have not washed the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting problem, I'm guessing the heated side mirrors is causing a problem with the temp. sensor in the mirror. I'd checked again if the problem is repeatable when you have not washed the car.
It seems fine now after a long day of sitting in the sun, so I'm guessing water somehow got in. I'll be careful when I'm washing the car next time. It's so weird, well now I know what happened when it's snowing haha:thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts