Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone once again, still see some names I remember:rotate:

So, been out of car forums etc for at least 7 years and unfortunate events have lead me back.

Long story short, have a Giulietta 1.4 MA bought brand new in 2012. Car been a dream, had all services and cambelts etc done at Arnold Chats(Don't know where they gone now) and last week the car seemed to have a wobble.

Made a funny sound and then loss of power and wouldn't go past 4500RPM. Was concerned and took it to the closest Alfa Dealer to me at the time (Alfa in Midrand:grumpy:)

Now, according to them Turbo has failed and is R37k to replace, not to mention the other R28K to complete the 150K service. Seriously.

I don't know any good places in JHB and need to take the car to someone that can actually test it properly and check what is going on.

Any assistance most appreciated

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I never knew of the many turbo failures on the multiair until after I sold my mito....
i had no issues with the turbo...however many multiair issues...
car was sol with 130k km, had a downpipe and software....
i changed oil every 15k km,and used only selenia...now there are many other brands that meet the spec though.
that turbo replacement is more than a GQV replacement...dam.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello to everyone once again, still see some names I remember:rotate:

So, been out of car forums etc for at least 7 years and unfortunate events have lead me back.

Long story short, have a Giulietta 1.4 MA bought brand new in 2012. Car been a dream, had all services and cambelts etc done at Arnold Chats(Don't know where they gone now) and last week the car seemed to have a wobble.

Made a funny sound and then loss of power and wouldn't go past 4500RPM. Was concerned and took it to the closest Alfa Dealer to me at the time (Alfa in Midrand:grumpy:)

Now, according to them Turbo has failed and is R37k to replace, not to mention the other R28K to complete the 150K service. Seriously.

I don't know any good places in JHB and need to take the car to someone that can actually test it properly and check what is going on.

Any assistance most appreciated
My Turbo went at 180K on my QV, I live in Vanderbijlpark so took it to ATR Racing
One of the oil cooler pipes run near the manifold and that caused an issue overheating the turbo.

They repaired the turbo - even put a bigger core, mapped, decat and serviced and I think it came to about R12k
done 25k kms since then, and still going well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts