Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Nothing like consistency:

What Car 2014:

The Giulietta is more reliable than you might expect, given Alfa Romeo's reputation.

What Car 2013:

Alfa’s reliability record is poor; the Giulietta finished near the bottom of all the cars featured in the latest JD Power customer satisfaction survey.

They should have added "except that time it came 7th out of 150 models, or last year where it came mid table and beat all the cars we tell everyone are reliable because they're German... but we choose to forget that because it doesn't reinforce the stereotype".

·
Registered
708 Posts
Nothing like consistency:

What Car 2014:

The Giulietta is more reliable than you might expect, given Alfa Romeo's reputation.

What Car 2013:

Alfa’s reliability record is poor; the Giulietta finished near the bottom of all the cars featured in the latest JD Power customer satisfaction survey.

They should have added "except that time it came 7th out of 150 models, or last year where it came mid table and beat all the cars we tell everyone are reliable because they're German... but we choose to forget that because it doesn't reinforce the stereotype".

:rolleyes: well spotted!! ruddy press!!!

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
The Giulietta is more reliable than you might expect, given Alfa Romeo's reputation. However it's worth watching out for some common issues.
Most problems concern the electrics. There are reports of the rear wiring loom failing causing issues with the rear wiper, rear door locks and rear lights.
Leaks are another issue to be aware of, particularly in the boot. Inspect the seals carefully and look for water damage to the boot floor.
The stop-start system can cause headaches, not restarting once it has stopped in traffic. Watch out for this on a test drive.
Owners also report problems with the clutch. Make sure that the gearchange is smooth
I reckon the author has been scanning this forum. All the above have appeared at sometime or other but we all agree that they are not that common. However to get that message he would have needed to read the threads in detail.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Clutch? No, it's the synchromesh.

Stop/Start complaints are limited to "S&S is not available"; I certainly don't remember reading about a failure to restart after stopping on an Alfa... still, it's nice to be thought of in the same league as BMW ;) BMW: Stops and won't restart! : BMW 1 series Forum • BMWLand
Reading that thread- Urgh BMWs have eco pro mode!? seriously!! what happened to just driving carefully!! :rolleyes:what a load of pompus rubbish!

·
Registered
55 Posts
What Car Drivel

:mad::mad:

I have just read that article . Its absolute rubbish its time that ARUK started challenging some of this tosh...And people on this forum need to think before the throw fuel on to unreliability fire by posting emotively.....

For instance the panel gaps on my Alfa are narrower than my wifes BMW so could we try pointing out some of the many good things about our cars....coz if they are as rubbish as the forum suggests sometime we all must be certifiably insane for buying them and we are NOT....:thumbs:

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
As a publication, What Car (Kraut Kar) gets on my nerves. As does it's sister publication Autocar (autoKar) at times. And let's not start with Das Auto Express!!! Just look at the front covers month on month - VW here, BMW there, Merc this, Audi that, Porsche the other. All the bloody time............... Then take a look at the prime advertising slots - back cover, inside front cover, inside back cover...... Just saying like........
No-one is going to convince me there are no brown envelopes flying around.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Clutch? No, it's the synchromesh.

Stop/Start complaints are limited to "S&S is not available"; I certainly don't remember reading about a failure to restart after stopping on an Alfa... still, it's nice to be thought of in the same league as BMW ;) BMW: Stops and won't restart! : BMW 1 series Forum • BMWLand
Thought exactly the same :thumbs:

Reading that BMW Forum link is cringe-worthy ("Would I really want to be here on a mundane forum driving a mundane car - and I'd far rather have a car that restarts automatically if you stall it than one that can leave you stranded in the High St. :rolleyes:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts