Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 163 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all fellow giulietta owners. Please check all your interior door handles as the front passinger handle has started to snap off after only 3 months:rant:. Just wanted to let you all know so you can check them before any snap off completely

·
Registered
163 Posts
mine are fine, but given my car has only been with me 5 days not such a big surprise. Maybe yours is having issues as it was an early build car?

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Those handles are fairly chunky and solid :eek: Are you giving Mike Tyson a lift to work in the morning :lol: The way the handle and recess are shaped the only way to put any lateral force on them is if you apply an up/down force when the handle is pulled out.

Is it possible your passenger is pulling the handle to open the door and then pushing down on the handle in order to lift themselves out of the seat?

I've had mine just over three months and both driver and passenger side are OK,

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi guys
I think that it may be just a bad handle on my car as all the others are o.k the plastic has split round the pivit pin. Having it changed on the 20th and having the dashboard out to fix the rattles. Just wanted to spread the word and let people know. It only tends to be my girlfriend in the passengers seat and she treats the car like a new born baby. will post a picture tomorrow. still a great car just needs some tweeks inside i will be padding out some of the plastic panels inside to get rid of the smaller rattles.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Door handle snapped

Had mine for about 8 months and the inside rear passenger door handle has snapped in the same place along with the top of the gear knob coming off.
You would think Alfa would want to improve their reputation for build quality by using alloy or metal components inside rather than cheap flimsy plastic which is bound to break.
I'm fed up taking it back to the dealers all the time.

·
Registered
297 Posts
3.5 months and 3,000 km on mine, looks okay though but looks like the interior handles get messed up easily.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Over a year and no problems at all. Must be Friday afternoon car ;).

·
Registered
131 Posts
Passenger front interior door handle has sheared away, please can anyone help, do you know what it will cost to replace. Thank you..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine's been replaced four times (started off with peeling handle), then it fell off and had to be put back on and now it's snapped right off .....and now the driver side is peeling off. Door handles are made of plasticky rubbish. Never in all my life have I seen such a thing, not impressed!!!

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
This is a known issue, I posted up before about it, my local dealership explained the whole thing to me and I shared it on here, beware those door handles, they'll cost you an entire new door card................

·
Registered
400 Posts
Hi all fellow giulietta owners. Please check all your interior door handles as the front passinger handle has started to snap off after only 3 months:rant:. Just wanted to let you all know so you can check them before any snap off completely
This is a well known problem from a few years back, together with the gear lever knob. I know there is "a weight issue" but it wouldn't have hurt Alfa too much to provide both items in machined aluminium - I'm sure we would have willingly paid the extra few quid for it. :confused:

·
Registered
33,103 Posts
You have to get an RS level Audi to get something as expensive as real Alu-bits. Remember how many thousand bit there are in a car. An extra few quid on each part will soon add up.
And weight is a factor for side impact ; the lever may operate if the car is hit on the side and the lever overhanging weight keeps moving.

1 - 20 of 163 Posts