Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking to see if anyone knows if it's possible to get a fully digital instrument cluster for a 2016 giulietta.

Also does anyone known what the parameter ID's are for the instrument cluster e.g. lights indicators etc.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Personally, I've never heard/seen such a thing.
What is quite common is to use a 7" tablet to display OBDII data/info in any desired fashion.
(round/square dials, bars, numbers, graphs, etc.)
There are literally myriads of apps out there to display & configure.

All you need is a display, power, an OBDII bluetooth adapter. That's it.

·
Registered
35,189 Posts
Do you mean like the 4C cluster?

Maybe that’s bought in, for Alfa model 960 as its code calls it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Personally, I've never heard/seen such a thing.
What is quite common is to use a 7" tablet to display OBDII data/info in any desired fashion.
(round/square dials, bars, numbers, graphs, etc.)
There are literally myriads of apps out there to display & configure.

All you need is a display, power, an OBDII bluetooth adapter. That's it.
Ye I have seen these apps, but for the good one which show indicators warning lights etc. You need parameter ID's which is what I am trying to find out. I have contacted alfa dealer who I'm waiting to hear back from. Looking to see if anyone has tried and got ot working themselves.

The app which I have found that's best is RealDash.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
When I tested several apps, incl. RealDash, I did not need any IDs. Just get an ELM327 bluetooth adapter and play with it.
The OBDII socket is behind the panel above the bonett release in a left handed car....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I tested several apps, incl. RealDash, I did not need any IDs. Just get an ELM327 bluetooth adapter and play with it.
The OBDII socket is behind the panel above the bonett release in a left handed car....
Did lights and indicators work on the apps also, or just speed and revs. Also do you know what elm327 you bought as will try and buy same or similar.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Lights and indicators were not tested by me.
I bought an ELM327 from the list on the multiecuscan site.

·
Registered
776 Posts
There was someone on the 147/156/GT forum a few years back who replaced the three centre console dials (clock/temp/fuel) with a display screen showing much more info. Not sure whether that would help, but it must be a similar principle?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the response. Found alfa dpf app which works the best and provides the best information I have found.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts