Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just over a month now to our big road trip.....

N Ireland to dublin
Ferry to Holyhead then a few nights at Windsor to do lego land(before our young lad gets too old .. He's 9) and a day in London.
Ferry Dover Calais then overnight at bourg en bresse
Hopefully next day should take us to our place in n Tuscany ... Casadalloro

2 weeks there then home via Monaco, gard and 2 nights in Paris....

Anyone else taking their Alfa home this summer??

·
Registered
39,122 Posts
We usually take our Multipla home to Italy but we are going to rent an Ypsilon this year . Garda with a trip down to friends in Magliano-in-Toscana last year. Tuscany by plane to Bologna as the children wanted a change !

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Yes it will be the first in this car aswell. When you say going home this one truly is. We have a place 20 miles from the factory and when we go to the beach we pass the entrance!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yep

Driving from Norwich, a night in Charleroi, then down to Fussen - a couple of days on a Chitty chitty bang bang tribute (I want to see Schloss Neuschwanstein) :lol:

Then into Austria, round Innsbruck, over the Brenner and down to Brixen for a week.
Having got myself into Italy the plan is to give the G a rest, a South Tyrol travel card costs the grand sum of 28 euro - a giveaway !

Coming back via Garmisch-Partenkirchen and Klusserath on the Mosel to stock up with jungle juice :thumbs:

Tip of the day....... Anyone driving down through the Ardennes and onwards through Luxembourg - take a 10 minute detour off the motorway in Luxembourg at Strassen and fill up with diesel at the supermarket and pay £1 per litre !!

Andrew M

·
Registered
74 Posts
Currently in Rimini since Saturday , just a few notes , loads of roadworks on the Autobahns , presumably the German economy is being kept going with infrastructure spending , fuel is a lot cheaper in Austria than Italy , used the Brenner pass Saturday morning and was very slow (weight of traffic) , been to the Ferrari museum at Maranello today good value at €13 each , cruise control a *god send* , if you think your Giulietta dash rattles on the M6 try driving on an Autostrada and think again , Geoff .

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
some pics from the road trip... N Ireland to our place in Tuscany

a few "guess the car" pics......

1.. leaving newtownards

2.. at courmayeur , monte bianco

3.. arrival at baccana

4.. forte dei marmi

5.. mclaren ?? at forte dei marmi

Attachments

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
some more inc return home via Monte Carlo.. on the start grid(with trailer full of italian wine and coffee)

suggestions for silver convertable in pic 2

and 3800 total miles done...

1.. on the grid at monaco

2.. silver car?? ... note 2 guys taking pics of it on the right

3.. saw these 2 and the silver one within 5 mins ... let the girl in the dark ferrari accross the road and got the (alfa/ferrari/maserati) wave

5.. in france on the way home

6.. total miles in 23 days

Attachments

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thats my years wine, coffee and olive oil supply!!!!

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Great pics Casadalloro

Makes me want my trip to come even more, 4 weeks yesterday and counting.

Stunning pic at Baccana

·
Registered
39,122 Posts
We can't do that this year as we are flying. Less than two weeks to go. And an Ypsilon rental car for driving round Tuscany.
' love the panoramic pic!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts