Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

So, I'm off to pick up my new (to me) Giulietta Cloverleaf on Monday :D

It currently has 18" wheels fitted. They're in absolutely pristine condition, but I've seen a Giulietta with 19" Giulia QV wheels on it and it looks so, so much nicer...

My question is, I know that the Giulia wheels will fit my Giulietta, but what else will I need to do? I presume I'll need to have the OD recalibrated to take the larger wheel size into account... Is there anything else that I need to consider?

Incidentally, if anyone is after a minty set of 18" 5 hole anthracite wheels, let me know ;)

Thanks

·
Registered
297 Posts
You don't normally need the odometer recalibrating as the larger diameter wheels have lower profile tyres such that diamter of the tyre is the same. This assumes you have a standard combination of wheel size and tyre profile.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Big wheels look good but don't really add anything to the driving experience, need expensive rubber and they hinder performance by adding unsprung weight. I'd stick with smaller wheels (although the 18" are too big in my opinion) and go for some lower springs and new shocks. The wheels will fill the arches have less gap, give a better look and the handling will be marginally better.

·
Registered
37,381 Posts
The Giulietta works very well on 18" wheels in my experience and yes the wheels do take more energy to get them moving , as shown in a slight increase in fuel consumption. The ride doesn't suffer but having seen one on 19s recently I actually thought they looked too big! And I really think the benefits are going to be outweighed by the downsides.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Stick with the 18’s and enjoy the car for now, especially entering into winter.
If in spring you feel the same then go for it, but for now enjoy the new G.
Ps: mke sure you upload photos ����
What I would like for the winter would be a set of 17" steely's with some winter tyres in the style of the original Giuliettas'.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stick with the 18’s and enjoy the car for now, especially entering into winter.
If in spring you feel the same then go for it, but for now enjoy the new G.
Ps: mke sure you upload photos
Fair point.. Do I really want to get a spangly new set of 19s and subject them to a crappy British winter straight away... Spring it is then!

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On 19’’ it will look nicer no doubt about that, but it will consume more..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It wouldn't drink as much as my last car did even if I stuck a set of 22s on it

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,624 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
But yours looks just right with those 18s!
Yes I must admit they do suit the car perfectly. Also messing about with new tyre sizes etc would be a pain.
I also like the fact that I've only seen one Alfa since buying mine with those wheels on.
:)

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37,381 Posts
The trend in racing cycles is towards wider tyres and rims to get more air in them and actually go faster because you're bumping up and down less. Lower profile car tyres put more metal further from the centre and taking more energy to get them spinning. My previous car your 18s were on used 10% more fuel that way than on 16" wheels. It's vanity really and getting less sidewall to flex when you turn.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all,

So, I'm off to pick up my new (to me) Giulietta Cloverleaf on Monday :D

It currently has 18" wheels fitted. They're in absolutely pristine condition, but I've seen a Giulietta with 19" Giulia QV wheels on it and it looks so, so much nicer...

My question is, I know that the Giulia wheels will fit my Giulietta, but what else will I need to do? I presume I'll need to have the OD recalibrated to take the larger wheel size into account... Is there anything else that I need to consider?

Incidentally, if anyone is after a minty set of 18" 5 hole anthracite wheels, let me know ;)

Thanks
Can you fit 18inch Giulia wheels on a giulietta?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts