Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if i have an issue with the climate control on a 1.4 170 tct Sprint i have done a search and can't find any info relating to my possible issue.
On our old Giulietta [2011 170jtdm] when CLIMATE CONTROL set to AUTO say at 72 degs , fan would be on say 3 or 4 bar once the cabin had got to that temp' the fan would slowly start to ease off eventually showing just one bar going up as the cabin cooled off. On our new Sprint the fan seems to stay constantly on 3 bar[ red digits], no matter how long you have been driving and how warm it gets it just sits there showing 3 bar[red digits].
I have brought it to the attention of the Dealer who say they have checked it and re gassed it and all is ok? I also noticed that when car sat on tick over and Climate control on it seems quite noisy , our old car was diesel so perhaps i didn't notice it so much?
Am i correct in saying that the temperature gauge for the cabin is fitted in the rear view mirror? i am waiting for a new mirror as the auto dimming is not working.
Any info much appreciated as car goes in for mirror in 2 weeks time.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
never goes below 3 bars here either... if very cold outside it stays on 4 bars

temp sensor for the cabin is inside the control unit, the sensor behind the mirror is the air quality sensor (if fitted)

1 bar on the blower speed is essentially off...

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
never goes below 3 bars here either... if very cold outside it stays on 4 bars

temp sensor for the cabin is inside the control unit, the sensor behind the mirror is the air quality sensor (if fitted)

1 bar on the blower speed is essentially off...
Many thanks Perhaps our old G' was not performing properly? I must admit it does feel warmer in our new G'. Thanks again.

·
Registered
364 Posts
On my 170 diesel the fan stayed on 3 bars once the cabin was up to temperature. My MA TCT sits on 3 or 4 bars, so I'd guess your old one was faulty.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Mine drops to 1 or 2 bars depending on outside temp once the cabin reaches temperature. It always drops to 1 bar when the stop/start is operating. On cold mornings I have noticed the stop/start dropping out after a few minutes at lights and as soon as the engine starts the heater ramps up to 3 or 4, occasionally 5 bars. As I understand it from my manual this is how it's supposed to work. It would only stay at a higher speed if the cabin temp needed it to control to setpoint. Mine is a 170 diesel engine if that matters.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On my 170 diesel the fan stayed on 3 bars once the cabin was up to temperature. My MA TCT sits on 3 or 4 bars, so I'd guess your old one was faulty.
Thanks for that tried it today on the HI setting and it did eventually switch back to the lower setting of 3 bar.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine drops to 1 or 2 bars depending on outside temp once the cabin reaches temperature. It always drops to 1 bar when the stop/start is operating. On cold mornings I have noticed the stop/start dropping out after a few minutes at lights and as soon as the engine starts the heater ramps up to 3 or 4, occasionally 5 bars. As I understand it from my manual this is how it's supposed to work. It would only stay at a higher speed if the cabin temp needed it to control to setpoint. Mine is a 170 diesel engine if that matters.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
Thanks our Diesel 170 start stop hardly ever worked in cold weather probably due to our low mileage and battery not fully charged.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts