Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, has anyone else had a broken chrome v shaped grill on their Giulietta? One of my horizontal chrome bars is missing which I would like to get fixed. Alfa have told me it costs about £180 just for the new grill, can't replace single bars. This is more than I thought it would cost plus I would need it fitted as the whole front bumper needs to come off.

Does anyone know of a cheaper way of getting my grill sorted?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi guys, has anyone else had a broken chrome v shaped grill on their Giulietta? One of my horizontal chrome bars is missing which I would like to get fixed. Alfa have told me it costs about £180 just for the new grill, can't replace single bars. This is more than I thought it would cost plus I would need it fitted as the whole front bumper needs to come off.

Does anyone know of a cheaper way of getting my grill sorted?

Thanks guys
Just did this on my Mito, I think it fell off in an automated car wash. Buy a set of chrome bars(there is an oem code for it), apply adhesive to the locking pins of the bar, put back in place, done.

I could only source full set of grill chrome bars, around 30 euros.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Alfa only do the chrome slats for the mito grille

They do not do them for A giulietta

You have to buy the whole grille I'm afraid like I did after 2 of my slats were stolen

Before fitting I added some glue around the clips so they could not be pulled off again.

I got my grille off ebay for around £140 . no alfa scrapyards had any front grilles or if they did, they were not prepared to split them from the front bumper.

here you go. same people I bought mine off and £134 now

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alfa-Rome...lietta&hash=item5666c52508:g:CXwAAOSw-nZTrZxl

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I did consider those myself after mine got stolen. Just thought these were even more likely to get pinched. Mind you, you could always buy a standard grille and wrap the slats to save some pennies if you wanted that look

I do think though that adding glue to the slats from behind like I mentioned previously is a no brainer

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
So I am facing the same unfortunate fate. Does anybody know if the strips from other scudettos (147/Mito?) can be pulled off and put on the Giulietta? It seems to be quite a challenge to find one second-hand..

·
Registered
330 Posts
just use this as a perfect opportunity to freshen up your scudetto to the later model mesh ones. Alfisti.net have them

·
Registered
36,823 Posts
Dealers have the parts too! No postage.
Two issues with the update;
May appear to be seen to be part of a more extensive repair.
Unless you swap the badge , you'll have non-matching badges on wheels and tailgate. Steering wheel badge is now monochrome but you'll have a different style of coloured badge there too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts