Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so this is my first new thread so be nice!

We all know about TCT, there are so many threads and posts about it it's hard not to but thought I'd make everyone aware of a couple of minor changes to Giulietta on the back of TCT.
These are mainly from January production, rather than registration date so may take a little while to filter through.

DNA is the big update
  • Will now show as Natural as default rather than Normal,
  • If you switch off the engine whilst in Dynamic, it will stay in this mode when you restart rather than default to Normal/Natural,
  • We've all tried to select Dynamic at above 120kph and know its unavailabe at that speed, fundamentaly because the engine is already running a degree of boost so makes overboosting pointless, now though the car will still allow selection of Dynamic at all speeds, will just alter VDC, steering and activate Pre-fill braking above 120kph

On TCT cars there will now be a 2+ second delay before stopping the engine (on MiTo also) and the ability to start the car easier and quicker by moving the gear lever or tapping the steering wheel paddles if you have them,

Oh and the tomtom socket now becomes a no cost option on both MiTo and Giulietta.

Dave

·
Registered
114 Posts
Natural should be called "have I left the handbrake on ?" or HILTHO
as in ... Feels like i'm driving up a hill though?
free tomtom (DagNAbit!)
Remembering D mode (I'd prefer it didn't) tricky morning manoeuvres with fat head and Oh s1ht its in D mode won't mix
Flappy paddle restarts already work im sure
over speed D mode .. annoying. would like that updated

Can anyone explain WHY OH WHY the top storage is lost with the tomtom socket?
without pulling the dash apart I guess I'll never know. but it's only a push latch compartment .. how difficult could it be

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Thanks for the update Dave and well done on your first thread - what took you so long? :)

Thanks for the tct demo earlier.;)

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I suppose we can receive the update for free?

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
This news broke on the AROC Forum this morning. That has to be a first:lol:

·
Registered
425 Posts
So will my lease Giulietta due for delivery 2nd March include these changes? It was ordered 5th december AFAIK

·
Registered
425 Posts
So will my lease Giulietta due for delivery 2nd March include these changes? It was ordered 5th december AFAIK

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
This news broke on the AROC Forum this morning. That has to be a first:lol:
Well not everyone reads AROC Simon. Dave is from Bauer Millet and has a handful of posts to his name, this being his first thread. So, with respect, your response looked unnecessarily sarcastic to me and not what i'd expect of you to a noob.:tut:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Well not everyone reads AROC Simon. Dave is from Bauer Millet and has a handful of posts to his name, this being his first thread. So, with respect, your response looked unnecessarily sarcastic to me and not what i'd expect of you to a noob.:tut:
You misunderstood mate:eek:

I was poking fun at / being sarcastic about the AROC forum as nothing ever breaks there first:thumbs:

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
You misunderstood mate:eek:

I was poking fun at / being sarcastic about the AROC forum as nothing ever breaks there first:thumbs:
OK, cool with that, sorry I misread your intention.:thumbs:

·
Registered
34,361 Posts
I am not clear of the benefits of getting the update unless "Natural" setting comes with a more interesting display than "Normal", unless I'm missing a detail?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
You won't have to put it to D each time? :)

1 - 20 of 70 Posts