Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Can be structural ( as per its 'proper' use ) can also be decorative.

People skin items in it because it gives the carbon look without adding much weight nor vastly increasing the items dimensions, and because it's about 1000 times easier than creating moulds and using an autoclave to properly fabricate a part from scratch which doesn't need the structural strength.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Which bit of it makes no sense? The guy likes the carbon look. No different to your carbon mirrors really, you liked the look and had the funds to do so. Others haven’t so they use this alternative to give a similar appearance. Not everyone has £300 for genuine mirror caps or £600 for boot lips.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Carbon project is going on with mirror caps

VTR-L09 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

·
Premium Member
2,619 Posts
Because it is not sold in Turkey. Now, can u understand this?

I understand I've also re read the thread, so are you using Carbon cloth, or a sticker wrap that looks like carbon, the mirrors look great, the internal bits I wouldn't do but that's your choice,

·
Registered
33,697 Posts
Having worked as a designer on mirrors I can tell you that the Alfa accessories carbon mirrors were done with the same surface and relationship to the main moulding for a reason; aero.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I understand I've also re read the thread, so are you using Carbon cloth, or a sticker wrap that looks like carbon, the mirrors look great, the internal bits I wouldn't do but that's your choice,
I dont use sticker. Thats the real carbon with cloth and resin

21 - 40 of 44 Posts