Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

was a member way back in 2006 and now I’m back with a Giulietta!

can anyone kindly assist me by pointing me to the direction of best prices genuine cambelt and water pump kits for my trusted mechanic to change it?

I have the 2.0jtdm 65 plate 150bhp manual?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
5,947 Posts
AlfaWorkShop, Shop4Parts, Alfa Shop. Take your pick

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dayco? Skf? Or genuine AR?
Seem to be big differences in prices eg £108 for skf and £168 for genuine...any thoughts people?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dayco Timing Belt Kit...product Code: 348774036
This is just over £50 with code on car parts 4 less...is this brand/kit any good?

·
Registered
38,018 Posts
I think I bought a genuine kit from shop4parts along with the water pump for around £120 all in.

The belt was made by a company who I had never heard of.

I would be happy to fit any good quality kit such as Dayco, SKF, Contitech etc. I have heard that Gates are not as good as they once were and I would definitely avoid cheap water pumps such as Circoli from Euro Car parts.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all
Can anyone confirm if dayco product Code: 348774036 is the full kit with water pump as im not sure? Sounds very cheap

·
Registered
5,947 Posts
A search on Dayco 348774036 shows belt and tensioners only. No water pump in that kit.
The listing I found was for 199 tooth belt but did not state it was for a Giulietta.
I would suggest you go through one of the suppliers I posted, the way you may, or may not, pay extra but at least you'll have a much greater chance of getting the correct parts.

·
Registered
7,588 Posts
CF4/5/6 cambelt kit for the 1.9 16v and 2.0 16v JTD engines appears to be the same OE number for all models: 71754559 (199 teeth). Same water pump on all the multi-valve JTDs as well. The OE number for this has changed several times. Previously it was 55209993 but the latest version appears to be 55269148. Either way very important to always change water pump the same time as the cambelt kit.

·
Registered
38,018 Posts
The timing belt kit and pump comes to £130 on shop4parts with the discount, and than is a genuine one.

The pattern (SKF) £103 all in.

I have had very bad customer service from EuroCarparts/Carparts4less recently, so personally I would avoid them.

There are some good sellers on ebay though such as Mister carparts, Parts In Motion etc. They all come in at around the £100 mark on there.

·
Registered
7,588 Posts
The timing belt kit and pump comes to £130 on shop4parts with the discount, and than is a genuine one.

The pattern (SKF) £103 all in.

I have had very bad customer service from EuroCarparts/Carparts4less recently, so personally I would avoid them.

There are some good sellers on ebay though such as Mister carparts, Parts In Motion etc. They all come in at around the £100 mark on there.
That price from shop4parts with the discount is really good. Have used them and service has always been great. They also use DPD next day delivery which is included in the price.

·
Administrator
87,336 Posts
Another vote for Shop4Parts, great service, prices, range of parts, quick delivery & excellent customer service.

As a bonus they provide a discount code to the forum, support them if possible (y)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts