Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All

Was going to by a 159 last year but a new baby got in the way. Posted on here and got some great advice...

Wife now wants a Giulietta - she's an engineer by trade and won't drive a diesel car so it's petrol - the real question is which one? It's my job to get the thing so I was hoping for a bit of advice as to which is the 'best' model.

We are buying secondhand - budget is fluid - are there any to avoid spec/trim/power/gearbox wise?

This looks good to me - any thoughts?

http://www.usedcarexpert.co.uk/buy/alfa-romeo/giulietta/d-145/id-9089587/

Many thanks in advance

Carl

·
Registered
33 Posts
I hope this helps. It is difficult to advise for me as we do not have a petrol MA Veloce - we have a 61 diesel Lusso - but on the forum I have not seen any trends indicating that there are any particularly poor choices in spec. Lusso different to Veloce and 1.4 MA different to Diesel. The one you are looking at is manual like ours and that seems fine to us. We are very happy with ours and it has been fine. Give it a drive and a good look round and make your decision.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
If you can, go for the QV. It is a real performer and the complete G package.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Hello All

Was going to by a 159 last year but a new baby got in the way. Posted on here and got some great advice...

Wife now wants a Giulietta - she's an engineer by trade and won't drive a diesel car so it's petrol - the real question is which one? It's my job to get the thing so I was hoping for a bit of advice as to which is the 'best' model.

We are buying secondhand - budget is fluid - are there any to avoid spec/trim/power/gearbox wise?

This looks good to me - any thoughts?

http://www.usedcarexpert.co.uk/buy/alfa-romeo/giulietta/d-145/id-9089587/

Many thanks in advance

Carl
There are only really 2 petrol engines to choose from as the 1.4 TB 120bhp is slower and less economical than the multi-air.

It then comes down to what you want and how much you've got to spend. As Paul says above the QV is the top of the Giulietta range with good performance and fuel consumption in the mid to high 20's day to day with low to mid 30's on long runs.

1.4MA will have lower running costs by way of tax, insurance, fuel consumption, etc.

Spec wise, if you're going for the MA I'd personally choose the Veloce. (Edit: Or Sportiva but that might be too new for your budget.)

Either way, go for as late a model car as you can as most of the early issues will have been resolved. Personally, I'd keep away from anything built before the middle of 2011.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guiletta Advice

Thanks for all the advice. I think the 120 might be a bit under powered so I'll probably avoid it...

Is there a buyers guide for the cars on here does anybody know?

I found this one - http://www.usedcarexpert.co.uk/cars/alfa-romeo/giulietta/fault-guides/#fault818

Thought there might be an Alfa expert one on here!

Many thanks for all your help -

Really appreciated :)

Best wishes

Carl

·
Registered
20 Posts
There are certainly threads debating the relative merits of the GQA and 170 MA, which is basically what your choice boils down to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts