Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 16 plate Giulietta which is holding rain water around the boot spoiler area, as I open the boot (after heavy rain) water runs down the inside where the gas struts are fitted and I can actually hear the water sloshing about which I think is coming in through the too boot spoiler this happens when parked up at a forward slop can anyone advise

·
Registered
739 Posts
My 2010 has tiny drain holes at the bottom of the tailgate that need to be kept clear. The water comes in through the rear wiper grommet I think and will build up if it can’t drain. Might be worth a look. Some people have had to re-seal the wiper grommet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My 2010 has tiny drain holes at the bottom of the tailgate that need to be kept clear. The water comes in through the rear wiper grommet I think and will build up if it can’t drain. Might be worth a look. Some people have had to re-seal the wiper grommet.
Can’t see any drain holes

·
Registered
739 Posts
They are tiny...three on mine, maybe later cars don’t have them?

It’s been raining all day here; I’ve just opened my boot and got a lot of water running off the spoiler, over the wiring trunking and down the channels either side. Mine's always parked on a downhill slope too. That sounds different to what you described though.

No idea how the spoiler is fixed on, no doubt a post about it somewhere when someone has had to change the third brake light. Could it be the wiper grommet but with no drain holes it has nowhere to go?

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are tiny...three on mine, maybe later cars don’t have them?

It’s been raining all day here; I’ve just opened my boot and got a lot of water running off the spoiler, over the wiring trunking and down the channels either side. Mine's always parked on a downhill slope too. That sounds different to what you described though.

No idea how the spoiler is fixed on, no doubt a post about it somewhere when someone has had to change the third brake light. Could it be the wiper grommet but with no drain holes it has nowhere to go?
Yes sounds familiar. Do you mean the oblong rubber grommets

·
Registered
739 Posts
Could be those, but they’re at the top inside the tailgate by the wiring.

Is there also water in the lock recess inside the boot? I’m thinking about the one surrounding the rear wiper arm. They seem prone to leaking and many people seem to have sealed them with silicone. Water through there will get to the bottom of the hatch and then run down (towards the spoiler) when it’s opened. Wiper arm needs a puller to get it off though, a right pain without one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could be those, but they’re at the top inside the tailgate by the wiring.

Is there also water in the lock recess inside the boot? I’m thinking about the one surrounding the rear wiper arm. They seem prone to leaking and many people seem to have sealed them with silicone. Water through there will get to the bottom of the hatch and then run down (towards the spoiler) when it’s opened. Wiper arm needs a puller to get it off though, a right pain without one.
Just phoned Alfa Bristol they say there a 3 rubber grommets with drain holes, mine has only one in the centre with drain holes the other 2 mare solid so they don’t drain out so I have removed them to see what happens next, thanks for you help

·
Registered
739 Posts
Glad you're getting somewhere with it. There's a thread somewhere about the drain plugs/grommets at the bottom of the tailgate. Earlier cars (like mine) it seems had three, later ones still have three holes but only one is a drain, the two outers being plugged completely. It's to be expected that a bit of water will get past the seals, esp the wiper grommet, it just needs to go somewhere otherwise it's a problem.

Let us know if it solves it for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts