Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody :)

i'm the proud new owner of an alfa giulietta quadrifoglio :)

problem is, it didn't come with the Blue&Me Pack, meaning it doesn't have USB or AUX ports, and the only way to listen to music is via CDs or FM. The alfa dealer in the country where I live says in about 2 months they will have the ability to install USB ports on the giulietta (with additional outrageously high price).

I was wandering, if at all, where can i buy and ship the Blue&Me (not the ipod adaptor, the actual infrastracture of the USB port) or any other USB box that will connect to my giulietta's head unit, so i can connect USB (my iphone) and listen music through it. also, a way to connect Aux will be very much appreciated.

THANKS for all those who will help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's what i was expecting aswell, but it turns out that alfa's standard is different in every country.

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
I'm not sure that you can retro fit blue&me to cars. I understood (that doesn't mean its correct) that it was part of the body computer programming and if your car had it fine but if it didn't then no. I've noticed on Ebay a Blue&Me unit or two but I don't know whether it would have to be a giulietta unit or any blue&me unit, fiat or alfa.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
seems odd, unless your country is embargoed for bluetooth encryption?

[just checked - unlikely to be embargoed in Israel http://export.stanford.edu/country.html ]

anyway, going to be hard to retrofit
can't see how they can leave it out, as it is so deeply entwined with with dashboard / digital display / steering wheel mounted buttons/ and so on)
I'd have a peak behind the dash (get a friendly garage to lift it out - instructions on the forum are not to scarey) and see if the loom / unit is there - if it is, a USB socket is about $1 from any good computer shop, and once you have one, you can install the software from a USB stick ...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
haha bluetooth is not emabrgoed in Israel, it's just Israel is a small country, and alfa romeo has a very small cut in the israeli car market, so i suppose that's the reason they don't hold all of the technolegy here, even though selling a new car without aux/usb (or an option to add these) is outrageous. especially in the giuliett'as price range.

for example, my giulietta has the on-dash screen that contains gps and reverse camera, and also supposed to hold information about the car and engine (turbo and such), but in the Israeli version it doesn't (only gps and reverse camera, nothing more).

david, when you mentioned to look for the unit, do you mean in the space above/behind the glovebox, or behind the radio panel (after extracting it)?

also, It's important to mention that I don't really care if it's the Blue&Me or not, aslong as i can connect USB to the original giulietta head unit.

edit:
will this solve my problem?
http://www.cushieaudio.com.au/alfa-romeo-gwlite.html

it connects to the CD-changer (?)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts