Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all you Alfa fans

My Giulietta blue&me has stopped working and the mileage on the dash is flashing. I disconnecting the battery a number of times but to no avail.

I did read some where that I would need to take my car into the dealer to have proxy alignment done. I contacted my nearest dealer (70 miles from me) about this and I don't think he understood what I was talking about.

Has anyone any experience of this?

Would any of you know, if I switched the blue and me unit from another Giulietta to my car would it be compatible without reconfiguration, would it work?

It would safe me a long journey to my dealer who is not sure if he can fix my problem.

Kind Regards

Freeboard

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
A flashing odometer means the body computer/canbus has detected an error.

No, if you install a blue and me from another car you will have to do a proxy alignment to detect it.

You need to get it on a diagnostic computer to read the error code, clear it and do the proxy alignment. Where in the country are you located?

I have asked the mods to move this topic as you have posted it in the wrong section.

Welcome to Alfa owner.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Ransoman

Thanks for your advice. I'm Ireland, NW coast. I emailed another dealer today about 80 miles from where I live and they got back to me with pretty much the same advice as yourself. It looks like they know what they are talking about so I need to make the journey and get the proxy alignment done.

I will keep you posted thanks!

Regards

Freeboard

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
No Probs Freebird. If you were based in Aberdeen I would have offered you a shot of MultiECUscan which can do a proxy alignment too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Ransoman

Thanks for offering the multiecuscan. I will get to the dealership here eventually. I will let you know how I get on.

Regards

Freeboard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts