Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This feels like a stupid question. I currently have 16" alloys but fancy getting a set of 17/18" circular design (I don't know the official term; give me time and I will) ones. Can I just do a direct swap without affecting the car, provided I have them aligned and everything afterwards?

Also, if anyone knows of any going, send them my way

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
You can make the swap - won’t affect your odometer or speedo either.

Common sorts are turbines (like a jet engine) and teledials.

Autolusso also sell the 19s from the Giulia.

However you will need to tell your insurer who may cover up to £1000 without significant premium loading.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can make the swap - won’t affect your odometer or speedo either.

Common sorts are turbines (like a jet engine) and teledials.

Autolusso also sell the 19s from the Giulia.

However you will need to tell your insurer who may cover up to £1000 without significant premium loading.
Sweet, thank you very much. Assume I'd still need to tell them even though they'd be genuine parts, just because otherwise they're assuming the car is exactly as it is out the factory?

·
Registered
877 Posts
FYI horseshoe is the same as teledials......Depending on the year and car model the shoes/rings were more or less open.

·
Registered
33 Posts
FYI horseshoe is the same as teledials......Depending on the year and car model the shoes/rings were more or less open.

Yes they both share the 5 pattern design but there’s a huge difference between a teledial and a horse shoe.
Teledial alloys are hideous imho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32,059 Posts
Later horseshoes look as good but are a lighter design. 18” wheels with their tyres can increase fuel consumption by 10% or so because they take more energy to get them turning!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Later horseshoes look as good but are a lighter design. 18” wheels with their tyres can increase fuel consumption by 10% or so because they take more energy to get them turning!
This is good to know. The dealer has another Giulietta with the horseshoes in dark titanium and I've asked him to swap them onto the one I'm buying, though I'm not certain he will. They're on a 65 plate, so I'd assume they're the older 18" anyway? I'll keep my eyes peeled.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Horseshoes are easier to keep clean!!

Plus, I'm guessing, cheaper to refurb (if I remember is was £180 to have the turbine wheel done!)

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Big wheels and skinny tyres do nothing to improve the performance of the car unless they are necessarily large to accommodate big brakes. I wouldn't go for the 18" s despite the fact that they do look ace. I think a little drop with shorter springs is a far more sensible upgrade that both improves performance and fills the wheel arches nicely.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Should I take the plunge on a new Giulietta I will be keen to ditch the uninspiring 17" 'Turbine' alloys Alfa claim that the Super now comes with and swap them for a set of easy-clean 16's, maybe another FCA design, maybe not.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts