Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping that someone will be able to help me out with this problem.

I am trying unsuccessfully to remove the drivers door handle. I have searched the forum and only came up with a very detailed post for the 147 door handle removal, which I am sure is very helpful to others.

Unfortunately the mechanism on my Giulietta is different to the 147, it does not have any nuts or torx bolts and I can't see any way to remove it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Not done it on the giulietta, but I think I know how it works... I'm assuming the exterior handle?

Open the door.
You'll see a black plastic cap on the door sill at the height of the door handle. Remove it.
Inside will be a bolt, undo it and then you can remove the cylinder lock and the cap over the lock.
After that is removed, you can just unhook the door handle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much, I have now been able to remove the door handle after several frustrating hours.

Easy when you know how!

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
I believe the question is about the external handle. If it is, the easiest way to find out about which tool to use on the bolt is to look. It could be hex, Allen, Torx or even Ribe.

On mine it is a Torx, guessing, about T20 or T25 as I didn't have that set handy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts