Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Has anyone remapped the Giulietta 2.0 JTDM 140BHP? I'm looking at doing it before heading down to Spa Classic (with a stop at the Nürburgring) this September. I believe the engine is the same as the one in the 170BHP version so I think that the remap should lift it to the same BHP/Torque as a remapped 170? As the Giulietta has the DNA switch I'm also assuming that the remap only applies when the car is in "D - aka Alfa Mode"? This may not be the case of course!

Russ

·
Registered
64 Posts
I know that Alfatune at St Helens has done a lot of remaps on the 140, you should get around 170-180 hp and plenty of torque of course. It is not the same as the 170 version, there is a different turbo and the 140 also has a restriction on the intake manifold.

·
Registered
708 Posts
My 140 is getting remapped this friday.. i did however carry out other mods. Larger intercooler, k&n filter, dpf and catalytic converter delete, gutted muffler, intake restriction removal, and egr pipe removal (which is a big restriction in itself)

I did all this last week as part of a cambelt, all tensioners, aux belt, all fluids and all filters, brakes and brake fluid service and i'm also getting new tyres tomorrow.. should have a new car by the weekend :D

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
23 Posts
My 140 is getting remapped this friday.. i did however carry out other mods. Larger intercooler, k&n filter, dpf and catalytic converter delete, gutted muffler, intake restriction removal, and egr pipe removal (which is a big restriction in itself)

I did all this last week as part of a cambelt, all tensioners, aux belt, all fluids and all filters, brakes and brake fluid service and i'm also getting new tyres tomorrow.. should have a new car by the weekend :D

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

How did it all turn out? :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi all,

Has anyone remapped the Giulietta 2.0 JTDM 140BHP? I'm looking at doing it before heading down to Spa Classic (with a stop at the Nürburgring) this September. I believe the engine is the same as the one in the 170BHP version so I think that the remap should lift it to the same BHP/Torque as a remapped 170? As the Giulietta has the DNA switch I'm also assuming that the remap only applies when the car is in "D - aka Alfa Mode"? This may not be the case of course!

Russ
From workshopmanual

Also the 2.0 JTDM 140 HP engine, shown in Fig. 1, from the JTDM (second generation MultiJet) family, differs from the 170 HP engine because it has a max. power of 140 HP at 3750 rpm and max. torque of 320 Nm at 1500 rpm in NORMAL mode and 350 Nm at 1750 rpm with Overboost in DYNAMIC mode.
Compared with the 170 HP version, the 140 HP version makes use of:
-A dedicated engine control unit;-A dedicated and smaller variable geometry turbine;-A dedicated air intake chamber without swirl valves;-A dedicated, variable displacement oil pump.
The new oil pump, with variable displacement, comes with an on/off solenoid valve that varies the pump displacement depending on the engine operating conditions.
A lower displacement allows the pump to process a lower oil quantity, reducing the pump power uptake from the engine; in this way, consumption and emissions are reduced.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts