Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
hunting idle aswell. I think you can hear the engine move in it's mounts (or the flywheel) as the engine ecu increases fueling when the idle drops low.

How cold is it? does the car drive otherwise fine even when cold? How long with the current fuel filter?

I had a hyundai I20 in with the same huning at idle. when the car came in, the engine would stall (hunting between 500-800 rpm) but after the maintenance the idle hunting shifted to 800-1000 rpm and no more stalling.

He'll come back for the hunting idle later (or not, of course) as this wasn't scheduled and I was alone with a full agenda for the day so didn't have time to look.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Temp is from -5 to 0c in the morning. Last service was 5000km ago. Car drives fine after start from video.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Temp is from -5 to 0c in the morning. Last service was 5000km ago. Car drives fine after start from video.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
what was done last service? at 70.000km the fuel filter should be changed, but I've noticed when we had those negative temperatures last week (between -9 and 0°C for about a week) I had several customers coming in needing premature fuel filter replacements.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts