Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I seem (ok, definitely have) left my fuel filler cap at a petrol station. Unfortunately they didn't have it, when I went back a few days later.

My question is, does anyone have the relevant part number for a replacement or are these interchangeable items with other models (i.e. a MiTo?).

Grateful for any help anyone can provide

·
Registered
117 Posts
@Isotope
The plastic strap that held it had recently broken. It's a 1.75tbi cloverleaf/QV
Bit late now but for reference there is a hook on the bottom edge of the filler flap on which to hang the cap so it doesnt dangle on its strap on the bodywork. The cap has a loop on the bottom to hook on the hook.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@Isotope
The plastic strap that held it had recently broken. It's a 1.75tbi cloverleaf/QV
Bit late now but for reference there is a hook on the bottom edge of the filler flap on which to hang the cap so it doesnt dangle on its strap on the bodywork. The cap has a loop on the bottom to hook on the hook.
Well, I'll know for next time, thank you.

·
Registered
34,774 Posts
I spent a tank of fuels worth on the alloy fuel cap on my previous Giulietta. I left it on the car when I traded it in as it wasn't very nice to use. Too sharp and unfriendly to use. Parks very close to paint when in the holder on the recess in the flap. Only fits petrol Giuliettas.

·
Registered
34,774 Posts
Yet another part that's not unique to the QV. It's a Petrol Cap. The alternative is a Diesel Cap.
Almost half the price of the metal one.

·
Registered
34,774 Posts
I'm only going by the way it was listed on the Alfa Accesories website when I bought it. It was specifically not suited to Diesel according to what I read.
Kind regards
Che.
Ps. Next you'll tell me you've got QV doors on your diesel!

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
I'm only going by the way it was listed on the Alfa Accesories website when I bought it. It was specifically not suited to Diesel according to what I read.
Kind regards
Che.
Ps. Next you'll tell me you've got QV doors on your diesel!
How curious, mine's a 2011 and I also have one on my 2001 GTV. Would the QV doors make it go any faster?

I might get a couple of spare attachment cords, if available, to go in the loft with the spare headlamps!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts