Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Im researching as well about the exhaust possibilities for the Giulietta.

So far, what seems to be the standard is the Ragazzon H2, but Im not sure if thats the sound Im looking for.

This is the H2, most of you probably know about it

Alfa Giulietta Ragazzon H2 stainless steel rear box - Alfa Romeo Shop - Tuning, Styling, Fanartikel und Modellautos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OM02V1NxhA

Id really like a nice "growl" when you start the engine, and sort of a "race like" sound accelerating, but at the same time the sound should not be too loud so that it will **** you off during long trips.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!
Mato

·
Administrator. ?? ?? Devoid of gorm.
7,647 Posts
I'm sure you'll get some helpful suggestions. I believe many member have tried various exhaust configurations. :thumbs:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hi guys,

Im researching as well about the exhaust possibilities for the Giulietta.

So far, what seems to be the standard is the Ragazzon H2, but Im not sure if thats the sound Im looking for.

This is the H2, most of you probably know about it

Alfa Giulietta Ragazzon H2 stainless steel rear box - Alfa Romeo Shop - Tuning, Styling, Fanartikel und Modellautos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OM02V1NxhA

Id really like a nice "growl" when you start the engine, and sort of a "race like" sound accelerating, but at the same time the sound should not be too loud so that it will **** you off during long trips.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!
Mato
I got the Ragazzon 2ish weeks ago, thought I got the H2 one without the silencers and I can assure you that it will not be too loud. On highway I'm hardly hearing it at all, with stereo on not at all even.

As for the racing sound, from my experience it will be hard to achieve this with a turbo charged engine. Though it has a quite nice deep sound around the 3k rev mark.

Where are you from exactly? Maybe you'll be able to find someone close by at drop by to listen, will give you much more than Youtube vids will do. :wink_org:

·
Registered
627 Posts
I have one ragazzon exhaust on my mito with the same engine (170 hp). Have to say that it sounds great, but as you mentioned long trips I would not recommend it. It´s fairly loud in between 3000 - 4000 rpm during highways what could get annoying when driving for hours. Just can say this from my experience, altough I do not know if the giulietta has exactly the same exhaust system (e.g. no center muffler).

·
Registered
38,706 Posts
The turbo on turbo cars does act like a silencer as it "chops up" the exhaust pulses.

I reckon middle and back box on a normally aspirated car, and just a single box (middle or back) on a Turbo wouldn't sound too loud.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the comments, I'm from Bs As, Argentina, not a lot of modified Giuliettas around haha..

I was thinking on importing one of those kits, but it may be too complicated. I may end up going to an exhaust shop and doing a custom work, they remove the cat and leave only two silencers, all new from the turbo to the back.

The only issue is that may end up with a check engine light because Of the lambda, any suggestions on how to get rid of this? If I turn it off with a OBD2 scanner it will most likely reapper, is that right?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Thanks for the comments, I'm from Bs As, Argentina, not a lot of modified Giuliettas around haha..

I was thinking on importing one of those kits, but it may be too complicated. I may end up going to an exhaust shop and doing a custom work, they remove the cat and leave only two silencers, all new from the turbo to the back.

The only issue is that may end up with a check engine light because Of the lambda, any suggestions on how to get rid of this? If I turn it off with a OBD2 scanner it will most likely reapper, is that right?
You can buy and mount a lambda faker, that should solve it.

If you're going to get a company to custom make your exhaust be sure that they will weld a threaded boss there for you to screw in the lambda faker.

Example: Lambda-Faker - Alfa Romeo Shop - Tuning, Styling, Fanartikel und Modellautos

1 - 8 of 8 Posts