Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all,

Just wondering if anyone has come across this with their Giulietta? Engine management light came on - also had a warning that dynamic/all weather unavailable. Connected up to fault code reader and get P0135 O2 Sensor heater circuit (Bank 1 sensor 1). Car still drives as normal; economy still seems same as before. Has anyone else had this? Trying to work out if its the front lambda sensor and if its easy to replace.

Thank you in advance.

James.

·
Registered
37,546 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Evening all, managed to change the lambda sensor this morning (I am assuming it is the one on the top front of the engine below the 2 heat shields). The check engine light has come on again with the same p0135 error code! Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks
James

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
Evening all, managed to change the lambda sensor this morning (I am assuming it is the one on the top front of the engine below the 2 heat shields). The check engine light has come on again with the same p0135 error code! Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks
James
Sounds daft but did you reset the codes before restarting?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
evening guys could anyone confirm if the one I'm pointing to in the picture is definitely bank 1 sensor 1? under these two heat shields.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you I'll take another look around the general area this morning appreciate the image I've been unable to find anything at all like that relating to this engine! cheers

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Thank you I'll take another look around the general area this morning appreciate the image I've been unable to find anything at all like that relating to this engine! cheers
Use the image with caution as it's not the 2.0jtdm from a G but I believe may still give some indication of the order in which the sensors are labelled.

Edit: just had a quick squint behind the heat shield of my 156 jtdm, sensor 2 might not even exist? Just trying to be helpful but as my G hasn't broken down yet (touch wood) I'm not too familiar with how it's put together. Anyway if there are 2 sensors high on the exhaust manifold it's fair to assume number 1 is on the left and 2 on the right. Not trying to send you on a wild goose chase!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Haha don't worry I appreciate you taking a look at your own. I'll have a look shortly and see if I can see any other sensors nearby

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well after finally getting around to take another look, low and behold I found a loose wire which had previously been bodged (obviously prior to us buying!) stripped the wires back, covered in emalgamating tape and hey presto its back to normal now, and possibly just in my head but feels a lot quicker in dynamic mode. Have attached a picture to show where I found the loose wires in case anyone else has the same issues. Thanks everyone!

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
hi there just wondering if someone can get me the part number for the lambda sensor that needs replacing when this code shows up. Mines a 2012 2.0 jtdm. Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hi there just wondering if someone can get me the part number for the lambda sensor that needs replacing when this code shows up. Mines a 2012 2.0 jtdm. Thanks
HI I managed to find this email I received when I ordered mine way back. Hope its of help

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts