Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!

I already made a thread about this topic but I'm still not convinced how to think about this issue...

In short: In the first three gears in the D-mode the turbo-diagramm just goes up to 4 lines. There is no difference between low rpm or high rpm, it just goes up to maximum 4 lines. In the higher gears (4,5,6) all lines are full.

Does anybody have the same engine as me (Euro6!!!) and could confirm that this is normal? I heard from my mechanic that it is, but I'm not so sure...

Maybe someone could help.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't wanna annoy you people, but if anyone has the same engine as me (Euro6 of course), just let me know.

Merry Christmas!:angel:

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
Isn't there a torque limiter that restricts boost in the first 3 gears? Might be that.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Ok, last time: Has anyone the same engine as me?
Do you not have a dealer close by for you to go out on a test drive in another car? Maybe even look in the ads for nearly new ones for sale in your reasonable vicinity, and go there for a test drive?

A bit of a long shot, you've probably considered that!

Another suggestion would be to sift through the youtube videos of the 1.4 TB to look for a newish one, and then post a comment to ask.

Or even request one of the car walkaround vbloggers to do a walkaround on the Giulietta and show that!

There clearly seems to be a lack of the newer 1.4 TBs on here.

·
Registered
35,148 Posts
The 1.4 TB is more of a price-point model in this country, to get people into the dealers showroom . They then get tempted up the range , especially the kind of people who are into their cars. The last post had some good suggestions to get around this.

·
Registered
489 Posts
The 1.4 TB is more of a price-point model in this country, to get people into the dealers showroom . They then get tempted up the range , especially the kind of people who are into their cars. The last post had some good suggestions to get around this.
The torque limiting factor could be a reason as I believe the gearboxes are a bit on the weak side...

Pretty sure a remap could fix it if you want to.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Interesting! But unfortunately I don't speak italian:disappointed:

Do these guys have the same issue?

I have included this link in the Italian forum to let all 120 hp models be "castrated" originally, and they have the same defect.
Same arguments. Engine to Avoid!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Interesting! But unfortunately I don't speak italian:disappointed:

Do these guys have the same issue?
Short summary if I understood correctly. Yes, they have the same issue.

Allegedly the Euro 6 1.4T Non MA, does not produce full engine power until 4th gear (castrated is a good term).
FCA don't care, Italian customers super unhappy.

My view, I'd love to see a dyno run in each gear to know what is really going on but if it is true it's a crap way to meet Euro 6 and to treat customers.
And I am surprised it is not in the court system for resolution.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I wouldn't know on which basis one would litigate?!?

Comparison of the 2016 Super versions
non MA 120HP, combined consumption 6,2L euro class D €23750
w/ MA 150HP, combined consumption 5,5L euro class B €24250

If one insists on saving €1500 for higher fuel consumption and less power, it is only fair to be punished with the less power not even being available in lower gears.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts