Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in need of changing my brake pads in the next 6months and I was tempted to replace my discs at the same time.
I've been thinking about just replacing the whole brake system and replacing them with larger discs and calipers.

However I cannot find such a kit for the 1.4 MA only the 1.75 QV.

Does anyone know of a kit that can be obtained or any company that is making and fitting the said kit.
The next problem is that I only have 16" alloys due to wanting to keep weight down and accerleration up.

I know that I may need to change my wheels if I upgrade the discs and calipers etc but I'd like someone else who either knows about this or has done it to give me a hand with answering this.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
There was an optional brembo kit on the 1.4 MA. try and find one from a scrap yard and pinch the parts off that.

·
Registered
4,924 Posts

·
Administrator
87,590 Posts
It is the case, there's a note on the options list stating 17" alloys are required if you want the Red Calipers option:

Red Brembo brake calipers (requires 17"/ 18" alloy wheels - see list above)
Also that option wasn't limited to the 1.4 MA.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So it's looking like i'll need to increase the size of my tyres/alloys before I can upgrade the size of the brake disc/calipers

thanks for that, just means more money needs to be spent lol

I will now look for some cool 17-18" alloys

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
So it's looking like i'll need to increase the size of my tyres/alloys before I can upgrade the size of the brake disc/calipers

thanks for that, just means more money needs to be spent lol

I will now look for some cool 17-18" alloys
Only if you go up to 330mm. If you get around 300mm (mito qv maybe?) 16" might fit.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Brembo should fit 17" worst case need spacers.

Prices are scary !

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Not every 17" will fit. Original wheels barely do.

Wysłane z mojego LG-D620 przy użyciu Tapatalka

·
Registered
72 Posts
If you are on 16 inch, keep your brake kit to 303mm disc, it should clear without problem.
On 17 inch a 330mm disc would be suitable. However its not rim clearance but probably needing a spacer to push the rims out.

Only question which needs clarification: is DNA affected if once chooses to upgrade brake kits to 3rd party branded?
I am guessing it shouldn't as the brake fluid prefill is done via pump?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts