Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Mine is getting worse and I think perhaps it is bracket mentioned above. Driving me nuts. Shoddy, very shoddy. And the parts my garage ordered from Alfa to repair internal damage they caused were defective on arrival and central arm rest had wrong colour stitching!!!

Good job the car looks beautiful because Alfa themselves need a kick up the arse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
245 Posts
I don't think this one appears in any of the videos above. My "rattle" is the passenger seat belt tongue which - assuming nobody is in the seat! - if not in exactly the right location vibrates against the pillar. I aim to position this before every drive and after anyone has used the belt - the tongue positioner slips down the belt. I was relieved when I identified this one insofar it wasn't anything critical.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks for that, I did however get one sorted (a few posts up) but it's good to see the various possibilities listed for those still searching.

A tad disappointing there are so many instances of this but tbh there are a few I know who have had new cars from other premium brands and they're having similar, if not worse issues.

I wonder whether PCP finance is to blame?! Rarely used to see a new car about, now see a lot (me being one of them) and people get rid in 3-4 years, are manufacturers thinking there's no point in producing quality anymore??
Apologies OP, don't know how I missed that, time to get to Specsavers maybe?! Delighted yours is fixed, but hope we keep this thread going and my info is useful for anyone else in this situation.

Not sure about the producing quality comment to be honest. Every manufacturer should have a vested interest in ensuring their product is the best it can be, especially with so many forums like this one, on which we can lament poor fit and finish until kingdom come!

Let's just put it down to Vincenzo having a Dolmio day when he was supposed to be tightening up our bulkhead brackets ;-)

:yum:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Mine is getting worse and I think perhaps it is bracket mentioned above. Driving me nuts. Shoddy, very shoddy. And the parts my garage ordered from Alfa to repair internal damage they caused were defective on arrival and central arm rest had wrong colour stitching!!!

Good job the car looks beautiful because Alfa themselves need a kick up the arse

It really sours your opinion pretty quickly doesn't it? Will be interesting to see how our interiors hold together as time goes by.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This sounds similar to what I believe the issue is. There is some plastic trim on top left of engine bay, quite loose and not as snug as it should be. There is also a thin dark rod that runs the length of the engine bay, bends round and is close to wipers. It has 2/3 hard rubber bumpers on it and I was sure that could be it.

The thing that has thrown me is the fact the sound only happens when the gears are engaged and if it was either of the former things I’d have expected it to happen even in neutral although I suppose there is more force transmitted through the block and hence the engine bay once the gearbox is engaged.

As you can tell I’m not mechanic but I’m not sure the ones are my dealers are either!

I have had a look at the rod that runs along the top of the engine bay on my Veloce and found it was not secured properly at the top and there was a white clip available behind it. Clipped it up and it is much tauter now so could be a source of rattles for some on here if its unsecured.

·
Registered
409 Posts
It really sours your opinion pretty quickly doesn't it? Will be interesting to see how our interiors hold together as time goes by.
What are people seriously expecting Alfas interiors to fall apart?
Rattles happen in all cars. RS3 went back 6 or 7 times to get it fixed (and thats with the interior that most people seem to want to touch themselves over). Ford vans always have them (brand new) and answer was is it's a van, get over it!

Same old brand stereotyping.

·
Registered
87 Posts
What are people seriously expecting Alfas interiors to fall apart?

Rattles happen in all cars. RS3 went back 6 or 7 times to get it fixed (and thats with the interior that most people seem to want to touch themselves over). Ford vans always have them (brand new) and answer was is it's a van, get over it!

Same old brand stereotyping.

My rattle/vibration is from the engine bay and is linked to when I engage hear. It’s not all cabin rattle on heat, so not the same old brand stereotyping.

I have also had several bits fall off, not stereotyping, they are facts.

I appreciate all car makes have issues, for me personally I am unhappy with the issues I have had on brand new car. And now the replacement parts have arrived defective/damaged.

I now have a strange smell of stagnant water from the cabin but haven’t posted about that yet!

Still love the car, but disappointed in the issues I’ve had, too much for brand new expensive car.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I don't think this one appears in any of the videos above. My "rattle" is the passenger seat belt tongue which - assuming nobody is in the seat! - if not in exactly the right location vibrates against the pillar. I aim to position this before every drive and after anyone has used the belt - the tongue positioner slips down the belt. I was relieved when I identified this one insofar it wasn't anything critical.
THIS ONE! Every time my eldest gets out of the car!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Oh thank god... same engine bay squeak/rattle as many here. I suggested a loose bracket but the dealer couldn’t find anything. Even suggested something unrelated. Suggested it was just me and nobody else has had an issue so it was “rare”. To be fair my first Giulia (2017 Super) had a very quiet ride, no noises... so was unhappy to find its replacement had this hard to pin down noise.

Now I can see some possible solutions - thanks guys.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Wow, I though it was just me with a rattle - coming from either the drivers door or seat belt housing. It's a metallic rattle, like a ring pull inside a drinks can. Very annoying in my right ear.
The dealer didn't have time to investigate on two occasions so I've given up. Mercedes fixed my C-Class rattle straight away.

·
Registered
16 Posts
This did help - thanks mate. The cable on mine was too long for the cable fittings so was quite loose. Could see clearly where it was vibrating against things.

A couple of artfully placed cable ties and my noise is gone.

Dealer had no idea - will let them know, maybe it’ll help someone else.

This sounds similar to what I believe the issue is. There is some plastic trim on top left of engine bay, quite loose and not as snug as it should be. There is also a thin dark rod that runs the length of the engine bay, bends round and is close to wipers. It has 2/3 hard rubber bumpers on it and I was sure that could be it.

The thing that has thrown me is the fact the sound only happens when the gears are engaged and if it was either of the former things I’d have expected it to happen even in neutral although I suppose there is more force transmitted through the block and hence the engine bay once the gearbox is engaged.

As you can tell I’m not mechanic but I’m not sure the ones are my dealers are either!

·
Registered
87 Posts
So had first service at Ancaster Dartford and the technician heard rattle/vibration and said it definitely not a “characteristic “ of the car like Thames Tunbridge said! Needs to go back in so he can investigate properly.

Let’s hope he can fix it!

·
Registered
32,733 Posts
I had a noise on my second Giulietta and the head of the workshop at Ancaster insisted on taking a drive with me to get it to occur and they were very thorough in fixing it. Had a good chat with him on the drive and I was impressed by his experience with Alfas. He did say the extent of work used to be greater with older Alfas than those from Giulietta on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,
I'm reading this thread with attention, because since the first kilometers, my Giulia makes a unconfortable noise at low revs (between 1000 and 2000 tr/min, typically in auto mode, as the gearbox change gears very early to keep consumption low). It sounds like a diesel, however it's very quiet above 2000tr/min.
I think the problem is, for me too, this cable running on the top of engine bay, too loose, that must shaking and produce this noise.
I'll try to fix it with cable ties. I have some small white nylon cable ties, but I worry about the temperature they could handle. Does this kind of cable tie fit to this, or I need specifics ones ? I don't want to see them melting ^^

thank you

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi,

I'm reading this thread with attention, because since the first kilometers, my Giulia makes a unconfortable noise at low revs (between 1000 and 2000 tr/min, typically in auto mode, as the gearbox change gears very early to keep consumption low). It sounds like a diesel, however it's very quiet above 2000tr/min.

I think the problem is, for me too, this cable running on the top of engine bay, too loose, that must shaking and produce this noise.

I'll try to fix it with cable ties. I have some small white nylon cable ties, but I worry about the temperature they could handle. Does this kind of cable tie fit to this, or I need specifics ones ? I don't want to see them melting ^^

thank you

To be honest I’m not sure what the cable ties I used were - mine were a black nylon type, but left over from a motorcycle project so I wasn’t worried about heat. They haven’t melted so far... Sorry I couldn’t be more helpful!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for your response. I'll use these and see if it's change my noise. Could you please show me where you putted yours ?

21 - 40 of 53 Posts