Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

So I have 2017 Veloce diesel. Problem is very strange. Car goes very well, but when I drove it on highway first I can manage top speed of 235-240km/h , then I reduce speed to,for example, 170km/h and push it again trying to get 235-240km/h but car stucks at 213-215km/h and doesn't go faster anymore. Throttle seems not responsible anymore and whatever I do (change from automatic to manual gear changing) Car simply cannot exceed 215km/h like it doesn't have power anymore. Always do that, on a first run it got pretty easily to 235km/h but once I reduce speed to lower speed (< 200km/h) It is impossible to get it back to more than 215km/h

Anyone experience this? Didn't told my dealer about this problem yet. No electronic faults registered nor do I have any other problems with this car (I did 75000km with it) except this one which sometimes going on my nervs, bcause car allows me to get to 235km/h only once then after reducing speed, it cannot reach it again unless I stop it, turn it off, then turn it on and start to drive again

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
The egt limiter is a safety measure inside the software. It will lower the output when the pre turbine exhaust gas temperature reaches a certain limit (probably around 850-870 C). It will not trigger an error message.
Also the Veloce has a limiter for turbo shaft rpm which could interfere at high speed. Normally when you back off, it should de activate the limiters.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The egt limiter is a safety measure inside the software. It will lower the output when the pre turbine exhaust gas temperature reaches a certain limit (probably around 850-870 C). It will not trigger an error message.
Also the Veloce has a limiter for turbo shaft rpm which could interfere at high speed. Normally when you back off, it should de activate the limiters.
Only first drive I can manage to achieve topspeed, as soon as I lower speed to for example 150-160km/h, there is no chance I can achieve topspeed anymore, only 215km/h . I need t stop, turn engine off/on and then again I can achieve topspeed, but only once, again when I reduce speed for once, there is no chance to go to 235-240km/h area. I've read a little bit last few minutes about EGT limiter. It could be that thing. Tommorow I go to service for regular service maintanance so I will ask them about it. Really doubt they will know answers about it :) Just to mention ,car is not mapped or chipped

1 - 6 of 6 Posts