Alfa Romeo Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
When I start my Giulia the first thing I do is turn off the S/S. When I get out of my Giulia the last thing I do is press the volumetric button on the roof panel.
As everything else on the Giulia is automatic it gives you something to do.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Problem is, modern garages get smaller whilst modern cars get bigger. My Giulia won't fit in the garage of my eight year old house.
Garage of my 1960s house is very narrow and to get the Quadrifoglio in, I have to fold the mirrors in. Doorway is only 3-4cm wider than car with mirrors out.

In any event it's a tight fit and I reverse in watching the white line which I painted up the middle of the floor in the reversing camera. I've also put carpet on the garage wall alongside the driver's door.

One of these days, I might forget to fold the mirrors in and knock one off - expensive!

I'd never had bought a car as expensive as the Quadrifoglio without having a garage to put it in.

Andy

·
Registered
455 Posts
Fair point. After 35 years of car ownership, I finally built myself a double garage with light and power. Made an old(ish) man very happy. 🥰

·
Registered
56 Posts
The easiest solution is just to switch off the keyless entry facility. This is the first thing I did when I purchased mine last year.

Since then I know of 2 cars of friends (Fords) being stolen which had keyless entry which they could not switch off, kept the keys in special bags etc..

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've got anti snap and anti pick high security locks on all my external doors now too. Best to keep them from getting in in the first place. Relatively inexpensive and easy DIY upgrade too.
If you have keyless entry they don't need your keys so your Fort Knox approach won't help!

·
Registered
815 Posts
It's only pointless when you have to disengage it because of scummy crims.
What really is pointless is keyless start. You have to get the key out to open the car, you then have to put it somewhere, centre console. door pocket or coat pocket and then you have to remember where you put them.
Much better when you had insert them into the dash as with the Brera and 159, better still if you then pushed it to start the car as with Astons.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
If you have keyless entry they don't need your keys so your Fort Knox approach won't help!
I have other protection (tested) so they can't pick up the signal (plus other things). If I'm away then keyless entry gets turned off as an additional precaution.
Don't worry.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts