Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

After being the owner of a beautiful (and reliable) 159TI for about 10 years, I‘m getting a Giulia Super (2.0t).

The car has a beautiful Alfa Red and tan spec, 0 mileage, 2018 model.

I went to the dealer today- they were preparing it for the delivery, and they inform me the sunroof isn’t working so they requested some parts. The Roof button console (??).

The symptoms are:
- pressing the sunroof buttons doesn’t produce any result except when pressing the closing one (passenger side), which starts some electric motor. However the roof doesn’t move.

To me it looks like its a software problem or the roof mechanism has some problem (since there is a motor that works somehow).

Even though the dealer says they are on it, checked the internet and seen there is an “initialization process”, which I tried without success. Maybe I did it wrong.

Any ideas? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,105 Posts
I have seen numerous instances where people needed to perform the reset, which seemed to do the trick.
The initialiasation procedure is in the manual, see attachment.

However, there were also some service bulletins, see pdf's :

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
The reset didn't work for me.
I think there is software that will switch the sunroof off of it encounters resistance or some other problem.
I was not able to get it working again with the reset procedure.
I did however have success via a battery disconnect and reconnect.
I took out back to the dealers a few times before they had the motors replaced, and it has worked flawlessly since

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts