Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
that's a good thing because no car that looks like that should have less than 200 ponies under the Bonnet..

say goodbye to your warranty though..:biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah I know what your saying, are cars are getting lighter and the power to weight ratios are improving again and they are getting quicker?.

So with a remap it should be an animal.

I remember as a youngster my sierra sapphire cosworth. 0-60 in 6.1 seconds and was 1200kg.... and that had 204 bhp

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
eh? A sot of a Giulia on a dyno does not tell me they got 200 ponies under the bonnet
Not being funny, you did realise it was a video, not just a picture, as you said a shot of a Giulia?

click on the arrow in the centre if you didn't

Heres the description anyway

Developing and tuning on the brand new Alfa Romeo Giulia 2.2JTD with 150PS and 380Nm. Our first results were 205PS/475Nm, next steps is the TÜV approvals and final measurement of environmental and law regulated particles and smog

·
Banned
2,484 Posts
this all sounds like a bit of a crock

im sure i posted links to a tuner who put the Giulia on the rollers and returned figures way above the specs out of the box

buyer beware

will try and find it later

"hey dood we retuned your Giulia to get an extra 10hp...see...specs say 200, we got 210"
"wow, how much do you want"
"two thousand quid should cover it"

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
this all sounds like a bit of a crock

im sure i posted links to a tuner who put the Giulia on the rollers and returned figures way above the specs out of the box

that's exactly what happened to the first Giulietta Cloverleafs .. factory said 235 bhp, dynos were showing 250

Then Alfa done the software updates come service time and well.... nobody though they had 250 bhp anymore... big complaints

·
Registered
156 Posts
Not being funny, you did realise it was a video, not just a picture, as you said a shot of a Giulia?

click on the arrow in the centre if you didn't

Heres the description anyway

Developing and tuning on the brand new Alfa Romeo Giulia 2.2JTD with 150PS and 380Nm. Our first results were 205PS/475Nm, next steps is the TÜV approvals and final measurement of environmental and law regulated particles and smog
So you actually had to go to Youtuibe to see the comments in the box below the video

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
yeah.... that was a youtube link posted where you click on the arrow to play but you have to go to youtube site and the description is there

Just thought id post it up.... for discussion :)

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Pointing out the obvious, but it doesn't count for anything until it's shown to be a remap you can live with. Fuel efficiency, reliability, environmental performance etc.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pointing out the obvious, but it doesn't count for anything until it's shown to be a remap you can live with. Fuel efficiency, reliability, environmental performance etc.
your absolutely right, if you look at the youtube video info, it does say more work to do as well as what you mentioned

Says , next steps is the TÜV approvals and final measurement of environmental and law regulated particles and smog

I know nothing of the tuners reputation either? Anybody know much about them?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts