Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Fantastic early reviews! Wonder what happened to all the whiners on this forum who have been moaning about all things Giulia for a long time? This is not what they wanted to hear. Alfa nailed this one!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
As usual, these "fantastic" reviews will get watered down once advertising budgets come into play.

·
Registered
38,706 Posts
Shame about there being no manual gearbox option :(

Those who want manual are going to have to go German.

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Well, it looks like I've just kissed my last pension and GTA goodbye. :yes:

·
Registered
2020, Giulia Veloce, Silverstone Grey and Black Leather
392 Posts
Fantastic early reviews! Wonder what happened to all the whiners on this forum who have been moaning about all things Giulia for a long time? This is not what they wanted to hear. Alfa nailed this one!
Dead right!!!!!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
406 Posts
The headlights are still ****!! That's how I feel. I've never complained about the car's engineering though for obvious reasons!!

I want Alfa to succeed!!(I speak for myself)

·
Registered
445 Posts
Seem like only LHD cars will have the option of the manual due to the cost of engineering it for Right hand drive.

:(
Or maybe they really think "you lazy gits would want an auto anyway" and finding a polite way of saying :)

I suspect that by "engineering costs" they mean "we'd end up with a bollixload of unsold RHD manuals" - I notice every day how every single recent BMW-AUDI-Merc here (Dublin) is an auto.

Technically speaking, gearbox/stick it's the one thing that stays the same regardless of the car being LHD/RHD; I mean, the 159 is particularly funny because in the original LHD version the handbrake is where it is on the RHD - essentially on the passenger's side!

·
Registered
9,876 Posts
Technically speaking, gearbox/stick it's the one thing that stays the same regardless of the car being LHD/RHD; I mean, the 159 is particularly funny because in the original LHD version the handbrake is where it is on the RHD - essentially on the passenger's side!
It's likely to be clutch location and the routing of hydraulics. Still, might be a niche engineering opportunity for auto-to-manual conversions.

·
Registered
38,706 Posts
Or maybe they really think "you lazy gits would want an auto anyway" and finding a polite way of saying :)

I suspect that by "engineering costs" they mean "we'd end up with a bollixload of unsold RHD manuals" - I notice every day how every single recent BMW-AUDI-Merc here (Dublin) is an auto.

On the Giulietta the handbrake is on the wrong side (for RHD), and due to the shape of the footwell there is no room for a footrest either.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts