Alfa Romeo Forum banner

541 - 553 of 553 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
I always hand wash my car. When weather permits, I get the pressure washer under the body and into the wheel wells, carefully of course. I rinse and repeat a couple of times.

Reactions: Professor Pedantic

·
Registered
48 Posts
New QV Owner Myth Busting [The Brakes]

In all my research on QV ownership, one of the consistent "issues" flagged by reviewers were the brakes. The main issue appeared to be the "brake-by-wire" system which raised doubts about how well the car would stop and whether it's even reliable.

This system appeared to be the reason why reviewers kept stating issues with bringing the car to a dead stop when at crawling speeds. I can remember one reviewer (or possible owner) stating that the brakes were so hard to modulate they needed to re-calibrate themselves to stopping the car based on what footwear they were wearing that particular day!

Nonsense! I've had zero issues with stopping the car whether at speed or crawling in traffic. Honestly, either the original owner of my car had something done or the issue is simply being overblown. I'm a new owner of a QV and have been babying it in and out of car parks, driveways, junctions, Give Ways etc and not had any issues with brakes whatsoever.

Hopefully this helps anyone looking into possibly owning a QV at some point.

·
Registered
165 Posts
New QV Owner Myth Busting [The Brakes]

In all my research on QV ownership, one of the consistent "issues" flagged by reviewers were the brakes. The main issue appeared to be the "brake-by-wire" system which raised doubts about how well the car would stop and whether it's even reliable.

This system appeared to be the reason why reviewers kept stating issues with bringing the car to a dead stop when at crawling speeds. I can remember one reviewer (or possible owner) stating that the brakes were so hard to modulate they needed to re-calibrate themselves to stopping the car based on what footwear they were wearing that particular day!

Nonsense! I've had zero issues with stopping the car whether at speed or crawling in traffic. Honestly, either the original owner of my car had something done or the issue is simply being overblown. I'm a new owner of a QV and have been babying it in and out of car parks, driveways, junctions, Give Ways etc and not had any issues with brakes whatsoever.

Hopefully this helps anyone looking into possibly owning a QV at some point.
You could have seen it here, from 20:28

·
Registered
48 Posts
You could have seen it here, from 20:28

Ah, that was it, thanks. You obviously have a better memory than me!

I've watched all this guys videos as part of my "reading up" on the QV. I really enjoy them but totally disagree with him on this.

I'm constantly driving the car with either heavy boots or lightweight shoes and haven't noticed any difference to the braking power or even feedback.

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
@MattMatt1 , looks fab. I did a double take as it reminded me of the photos taken at the detailer after Gtechniq on the first one. :p where are the interior pictures??

Reactions: MattMatt1
541 - 553 of 553 Posts