Alfa Romeo Forum banner

521 - 540 of 553 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
I can only speak to what a trusted UK dealer to me they've been told for when orders open soon for MY21 in the UK. It's such a great colour.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
What is your opinion of the upgraded interior and infotainment? Just realised your Quad is a fusion of my first Giulia exterior and current interior on most counts, you choose wisely ma'friend.:cool:

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I have XPEL ultimate on the front bumper and wings and it has kept all stone chips away. Cant see it front on and only barely visible when looking very closely. No loss of paint clarity.
That's good to know. Getting front bumper, bonnet and B pillars done as well as full Gtechniq ceramic coating (my joints won't withstand 3 days of doing it myself like you did).

Out of interest to properly do front I wanted them to be able to drop active splitter a little. Dealer told me it's just 2 bolts to loosen (not remove) enough to get above top of splitter. Do you know if that's right?

Detailers were a bit apprehensive as they're used to pressing a button on other marques to get access to this.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
@MattMatt1 , You have to remove two nuts on either side of the splitter bottom completely, this releases the splitter actuator from the mounting hole and the splitter just hinges down still attached to the car. It is a little fiddly to put the nuts back in as the actuators just hang down from a flexible mount but it is easy to do with a little patience. You can unscrew the nuts halfway and still leave the threads engaged will will allow the splitter to do a little, not much but this should give you enough clearance. No need to disconnect battery and no errors afterwards as the actuator position itself does not move. My XPEL fitter did not need to lower the splitter as the template he had for the PPF only went to the edge of the front face of the bottom part of bumper rather than wrap underneath.

Reactions: MattMatt1

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Aluminium @HussarF, definitely not CF.

How did you check or test that this was Aluminium. Even on CF roof is it quite hard to tell just by the sound. The thing that gave it away was on damp cold mornings and evenings, there is more condensation on the roof same as the bonnet both of which are CF on mine.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
@MattMatt1 , You have to remove two nuts on either side of the splitter bottom completely, this releases the splitter actuator from the mounting hole and the splitter just hinges down still attached to the car. It is a little fiddly to put the nuts back in as the actuators just hang down from a flexible mount but it is easy to do with a little patience. You can unscrew the nuts halfway and still leave the threads engaged will will allow the splitter to do a little, not much but this should give you enough clearance. No need to disconnect battery and no errors afterwards as the actuator position itself does not move. My XPEL fitter did not need to lower the splitter as the template he had for the PPF only went to the edge of the front face of the bottom part of bumper rather than wrap underneath.
Ah, great. Ever helpful, thanks.

To be honest, I feel better them not trying to loosen this and they'll be using the same templates I suspect as yours. Think I'll advise them to not bother then

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
@MattMatt1, remember that the nut just tightens on to the actuator thread and mates against the CF hand tight plus maybe quarter turn. If you over tighten it can crack the CF. I think the nuts have threadlock on them as well. Best that they don't loosen it if not confident. I did it easily but I knew what I was doing (kind of) :D.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
What is your opinion of the upgraded interior and infotainment? Just realised your Quad is a fusion of my first Giulia exterior and current interior on most counts, you choose wisely ma'friend.:cool:
Ha. Yes, I noticed that too. Some close up photos of your MC blue Super helped me decide on that colour, so thanks.

I like the upgraded interior and infotainment. Feels more solid, although I'm coming from MY18 Veloce and so some of that will just be the upgrade to the Quadrifoglio (leather dash, carbon bits etc).

I do genuinely think it's less creaky and road noise is less too - think Alfa has added more sound insulation. On the motorway in snow blizzard and heavy rain it was very noticeable coming straight out of my MY18 an hour before.

New gear level is a lot nicer but previous one never really bothered me. Exposed cup holders removes some centre console estate but small cubby in front may be useful. Wireless charger is great to have and works flawlessly, providing you put your phone in top first.

Also, it's nice to have some options standard to the Quadrifoglio but extra on other models too, which I never had (ACC, BSM, rear camera, leather dash).

Infotainment is pretty responsive, touchscreen wise, and matte finish means fingerprints not as bad as I thought it may be. Although I prefer the dial most times anyway. Widgets work well although choices for layout etc on main screen and in between binacles are limited. Performance gauges and such are a nice touch but expect a little bit of a novelty. Nice to have the options though over previous generation. Does feel like a step up for sure.

It's only been 150 miles of ownership though and still in the honeymoon phase , so may update my experience in a few weeks.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey, new QV owner here!

Former BMW & M3 aficionado who has jumped ship. Only have pics from the dealer currently but will stick up some of my own at a later date because who wouldnt want to see more pics of a work of art right?

I drove home grinning like a lunatic and that was only in A mode! The car came with Michelin's but even then the weather wasnt really conducive to my pushing the car too hard but over the following days that changed.

Some things of note:
  1. The car still skips on full lock (even minus Corsa's).
  2. R mode isnt as scary as made out to be, I have pushed on (even in corners) and she hasn't wiggled her hips once!
  3. Came with the standard sound system and its really flat, I'm no audiophile but know that in the coming months, once I've gotten used to the sound of that heavenly exhaust note, I'll be listening to music frequently and thinking that I might be forced into swapping out the current speakers.
  4. PRESENCE! Literally my 1st day of ownership I was driving out of my estate and had a gent on a motorbike go past and he gave me a big thumbs up (never had that before!). This was followed by me bumping into a very bright YELLOW 4C! Never seen a 4C in that colour and it was perfect, the guy was at one point driving alongside me as we both pulled up to a roundabout (to go off in different directions) and we gave each other an appreciative thumbs up which really made me chuckle.
  5. You CAN start the car in Race Mode....................(you just have to hold the dial down in Race mode while pressing the start button!)
  6. I've had a CEL light amongst other things happen so she's already paid a visit to a garage....Alfa's eh?!

·
Registered
48 Posts
With the standard stereo I have found if you up the treble a few notches and the bass a couple it sounds pretty good.
Lol, on the drive home I stopped at a service station and messed around with the stereo settings just as you described. My music tastes are quite eclectic and took two (yes, two) USBs along for the drive home and the music just sounded really really flat.

Will see how I get on.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Forgot to mention in my original post:

A mode - on my original drive home after purchasing the Giulia I clocked 34mpg on the drive home!

I know that some may question why even have an A mode in a car that has 500bhp but I think it adds another edge to this car, on said drive home I did have a play with the different modes but couldnt help but be amazed as to the docile character of this car in A.

It felt as smooth and safe as a Toyota Avensis and I mean that as a compliment. I previously had an E46 M3 which is still one of my favourite cars but it was a bit of a [email protected] due to combination of sports suspension, low profile tyres and 19 inch wheels.

I think its great that you can have a car that's a bit of a beast and with a simple turn of a dial turn it in to a family car which is even more handy in the current cold snap. Admittedly I'm not on Corsa's as a majority of the Giulia QVs might be but even today driving around in A mode with Michelin shod tyres....zero drama on the motorway or in town.

Having said that I cant wait for the weather to take a turn for the better so that I can get some aggressive miles under my belt, I'm really in love with this car!

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Icy gritted roads, temp zero, I drove mostly in N and once Good Year tyres warmed up, drove in D manual paddles with exhaust open, tyres wiggled occasionally under acceleration but it was all predictable and well handled by the torque factoring diff. I agree A mode feels plush yet plenty of torque.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ugh....not been out in her all day! Its cold, icy, gritty and now dark.

I was wondering, considering how much undercarriage cover there is on the Giulia, is salt on the roads less of worry ..........................(someone please say yes so that I'll feel like less of a pillock jumping out shortly which I'm sure to do!)

thumbnail_qv1.jpg

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ugh....not been out in her all day! Its cold, icy, gritty and now dark.

I was wondering, considering how much undercarriage cover there is on the Giulia, is salt on the roads less of worry ..........................(someone please say yes so that I'll feel like less of a pillock jumping out shortly which I'm sure to do!)

View attachment 946858 View attachment 946858
So I asked for someone sensible to talk me out of taking her out tonight and because no one stepped up to the plate this is the result......

A dirty arse! :D

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
@Professor Pedantic there is more under coverage in the Quadrifoglio compared to the standard Giulias. A lot of the features are there for aero dynamics and are functional, it does double up as protection. I drive mine everyday in the wet and salted roads. I just make sure I wash it regularly including under body. I would not worry too much.;)

Reactions: Professor Pedantic

·
Registered
48 Posts
@Professor Pedantic there is more under coverage in the Quadrifoglio compared to the standard Giulias. A lot of the features are there for aero dynamics and are functional, it does double up as protection. I drive mine everyday in the wet and salted roads. I just make sure I wash it regularly including under body. I would not worry too much.;)
@metalgod23 Any tips for how to wash the underbody? I've got a Nilfisk but due to the current weather limit myself to washes at the local car wash place where they know to keep that sponge far away!

521 - 540 of 553 Posts