Alfa Romeo Forum banner

481 - 500 of 500 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
What's the fear of Race mode and how did people end up in the ditch? As long as the car is warmed up, tyres are good and warmed up, I find Rsce mode very unrestrained, liberating and very predictable. I drove hard and fast but according to the road conditions just now and the car did not lose traction once. Funnily the rear wheels spun when parking in my drive in reverse! Lol! Either they were driving like twats with a digital foot or the Corsas were to blame along with a good dose of twattery.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
What's the fear of Race mode and how did people end up in the ditch? As long as the car is warmed up, tyres are good and warmed up, I find Rsce mode very unrestrained, liberating and very predictable. I drove hard and fast but according to the road conditions just now and the car did not lose traction once. Funnily the rear wheels spun when parking in my drive in reverse! Lol! Either they were driving like twats with a digital foot or the Corsas were to blame along with a good dose of twattery.
I'm of the same opinion, Race is the best for traction with the rear diff doing it's thing very effectively.
Having had the car for over 3 years and with Corsas on for the first year I'd be prepared to lay the blame squarely on the Corsas. They're not a good road tyre unless it's very warm out.
In very cold and wet weather the car let completely go at about 35mph in A mode on a roundabout once with Corsas on. Absolutely sideways on before the car and/or me got it back pointing the right way.

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
I'm of the same opinion, Race is the best for traction with the rear diff doing it's thing very effectively.
Having had the car for over 3 years and with Corsas on for the first year I'd be prepared to lay the blame squarely on the Corsas. They're not a good road tyre unless it's very warm out.
In very cold and wet weather the car let completely go at about 35mph in A mode on a roundabout once with Corsas on. Absolutely sideways on before the car and/or me got it back pointing the right way.
I agree. Yesterday with some very wet roads and Good Years F1SS , I was in Dynamic and the rear wheels lost traction at about 40 mph when I got back in the throttle little too aggressively (on purpose) to check tbe limits of traction on a empty straight stretch of B road. It was still very controlled and the TC cut in smoothly and the car stayed perfectly straight. It would have been a little more dramatic on the Corsas I think.

Reactions: alannmss

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Found a simple trick to clean the Quad tail pipes in this incessant wet weather. Baby wipes! Very easy to wipe off and the pipes are shiny. It even removes most of the black soot residue from the edges and will stop the chrome from discoloration.

Reactions: bucketbot

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
If they do that what damage do they do to a baby's arse?.....

Don.
I use the finest single malt for the baby or rather used to use, my son will probably drink it instead now. 😁

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Did a supercar day yesterday. Drove an Audi R8 V10+, Dodge Hellcat, Ferrari 458 and McLaren 570S. Got to give them a proper go too.
The main thing I took from it though, once I got back in my Quadrifoglio and stuck it in Race, was how great our cars are in comparison. Then I stuck it in N for the motorway drive home and it was nice and relaxed. Brilliant cars.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Did a supercar day yesterday. Drove an Audi R8 V10+, Dodge Hellcat, Ferrari 458 and McLaren 570S. Got to give them a proper go too.
The main thing I took from it though, once I got back in my Quadrifoglio and stuck it in Race, was how great our cars are in comparison. Then I stuck it in N for the motorway drive home and it was nice and relaxed. Brilliant cars.
Which one did you do? Fancied doing one for a while but always hear very mediocre reviews. Nice to hear of one where they let you have a proper go!

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
I did Car Chase Heroes via Virgin Experience voucher (at Dunsfold). Think it depends a bit on the instructor. Guy in the McLaren was telling me to change up too early but the guy in the Ferrari just let me get on with it. They'll tell you where to brake and when to change gear but the good ones see how good you are and then push you.
I know someone else that used Everyman Motor Racing also at Dunsfold, and he said they were good too. My son did a junior supercar experience with them but obviously don't let the kids push it.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I did a Car Chase Heroes day a couple of years ago at Tockwith. Drove a 1967 Shelby Mustang GT500 and a 'Bumblebee' Chevy Camaro. Both great in different ways but I'd take the Mustang all day long for raw pleasure on a track.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

481 - 500 of 500 Posts