Alfa Romeo Forum banner

441 - 460 of 500 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Congratulations..is this a stock new car ? I thought the order books were closed.

You will love it.
Thanks!

And yes its stock, the dealer happened to have one in the exact spec I wanted, so I couldn't resist. Delighted to only have to wait a few weeks compared to the long 8 months I had to wait for my Veloce a few years back :)

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Something I have always wondered. The Stelvio Quadrifoglio has a Q4 badge at the back so why doesn't the Giulia Quadrifoglio have a Q2 badge? It would give some symmetry at the back I think. Q2 generally stands for LSD and Alfas of past had this badge. The QF does have a Torque Vector Differential which should qualify for this badge yes?

SmartSelect_20200427-124254_Chrome.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Not sure where else to post this so here it is. The following info was posted on Dutch tuner Squadra Tuning site. Looks like the Euro 6d Quadrifoglios equipped with the additional port injectors also have some other good changes.

"That is why we refer you to the Quadrifoglio Euro 6B for a detailed explanation of this tuning. With only 1 exception. In contrast to the Euro 6B version, the Euro 6D version does not limit the torque in the N and D position in the first 5 gears up to 4500 rpm."

Reactions: Cybrnite

·
Registered
823 Posts
I’m attempting to make my car perfect to fend off the temptation to remortgage the house and buy a GTA. I had the wheels repainted as they were looking tired, no kerbing but the lacquer had gone in a few places due to over vigorous cleaning and there was some corrosion on one wheel. The wheel guy talked me into not painting them the stock colour but using “black chrome”, turns out to be a very similar colour to the volcano Nero. I’m not 100% sure I like it but they are certainly shiny! I spent 4 hours cleaning and polishing yesterday. Rusty disks don’t help the look but the car is super clean, just a few stone chips on the front other than that it’s like the day I picked it up. Such a good car.
8ECCF0FB-4AAB-476C-AC19-2540AD7DAD96.jpeg
F07D4FB0-8514-4749-999E-8EAB12CE558B.jpeg
64B50583-0E0E-422E-B10C-EACE9D46D6B7.jpeg
CD2F8289-9505-4E5A-B670-43E9BF32F4EF.jpeg

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
How many miles have you clocked up Nick. Mine is just over 50k (although lockdown has helped keep them down) . I have been tempted by a 20 model especially for the split folding rear seats and then there is the Stelivio...but also tempted to have a re map and keep it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Looks good, I think. You should have gone with it for a short ride before taking the pics and the discs would have been shiny too.

·
Registered
823 Posts
How many miles have you clocked up Nick. Mine is just over 50k (although lockdown has helped keep them down) . I have been tempted by a 20 model especially for the split folding rear seats and then there is the Stelivio...but also tempted to have a re map and keep it.
44k. I was getting close to 20k per year early on but I bought another car for long journeys and that’s helping keep the miles off. MY 20 would be such a waste of money for a car that is only fractionally better, I can’t justify it although the Ochre is tempting. I have flirted with the idea of a remap for ages but I fear it might make the car worse, and could also mess when the flawless reliable I’ve had to date. The car doesn’t need any more power but it’s tempting none the less.

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
@146Nick how are your yellow calipers holding up? After 3 years my previous 2.0 calipers had started showing some slight dulling and staining on the clear coat. Thinking of applying a suitable ceramic caliper sealant on the Quad when it is still new.

·
Registered
823 Posts
@146Nick how are your yellow calipers holding up? After 3 years my previous 2.0 calipers had started showing some slight dulling and staining on the clear coat. Thinking of applying a suitable ceramic caliper sealant on the Quad when it is still new.
Not great, dulling and staining. Should have had them repainted at the same time as the wheels, I’ll likely make a second trip. They were trying to talk me into having the Giulia badge on the boot painted black, tinting the rear lenses and wrapping the grill in carbon wrap. I’m not sure and certainly don’t want to knob end it 🤨. Tempted by the CF grills that just stick on you can buy on eBay for £100 ish.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I have yellow calipers and had a ceramic coat on them from new. They looked great up until recently, but are now increasingly difficult to keep clean and look a little dull.

As I’m keeping mine, I’m going to treat it to some tlc shortly. I’m going to get the wheels painted and will look at the calipers then. Although the Gtechniq Exo is still beading really well, I’m thinking it would be worth sending to the detailers for a polish and reapplication. I’m hoping he’ll be able to clean and protect the calipers without getting them repainted.

Can anyone clue me in on wheel reconditioning and painting? Is powder coating the way to go? Always seem to be disappointed when I’ve had wheels painted in the past.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I took my car to a local place that has a lot of very tasty cars going through as I follow them on instagram. The wheels were power coated and it cost £360 which felt expensive but reassuringly so.

It’s great that so many of us early adopters are sticking with our cars, I definitely expected to be driving something else by now but I’m not interested.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
44k. I was getting close to 20k per year early on but I bought another car for long journeys and that’s helping keep the miles off. MY 20 would be such a waste of money for a car that is only fractionally better, I can’t justify it although the Ochre is tempting. I have flirted with the idea of a remap for ages but I fear it might make the car worse, and could also mess when the flawless reliable I’ve had to date. The car doesn’t need any more power but it’s tempting none the less.
Indeed it does have enough power for every day use and I don't do track days. Which is probably why I have not had it done so far. It had two wheels repainted due to accident damage ( a VW up ran onto the side of me on a roundabout. The difference in lustre to the others is noticable and I will probably get those done. Just purchased a black rear badge and a new front bumper (wild boar strike), so also considering a carbon grill surround when I have it fitted (which will also sort out the stone chips. Overall a great car but at 50k miles thinking the back end is slightly looser and may need new suspension bushes.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I took my car to a local place that has a lot of very tasty cars going through as I follow them on instagram. The wheels were power coated and it cost £360 which felt expensive but reassuringly so.

It’s great that so many of us early adopters are sticking with our cars, I definitely expected to be driving something else by now but I’m not interested.
Ditto. I’ve never kept a car this long and am surprised at myself! There really isn’t anything I’d want to replace it with short of an 812 Superfast. I’d have been tempted by a GTA if it was £40k less.

So I’ll spend some money to make it look like new, maybe tint the rear lenses and wrap the wing mirrors in cf, have it polished and coated and enjoy for another 2 years. I suspect the next car might be electric and probably not through choice. I’m hoping that the lack of turnover from us early adopters will help with the residuals!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
A great car yes, however the depreciation aspect is also a consideration in keeping it. I recently saw a 10,000 mile Qf at a dealers for just under £40k. But agree there is little else out there I would want at the moment.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I think we are in a moment in time where used prices are depressed as a result of the number of new 2019 quads that are sitting at the dealers, available for around £50k with a bit of haggling. In a post Covid world with all of those gone, I’d expect used prices to harden again.

On a positive note, at least the next 3 years’ depreciation won’t be as savage as the last 3!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Stories this week of used car auction prices increasing due to lack of stock certainly help as will the lack of new car sales in the future second hand markets. I learnt a lesson back in 02 selling an Integrale Evo for £10k to buy a 156 GTA, which one is worth more than its purchase price now (the integrale was £21,500 in 99).

441 - 460 of 500 Posts