Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 500 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May it's a good idea instead of everyone starting their one thread with pics (which would be nice) but also experiences and questions (which would be nice to have them in one thread) I will do the start

I've got my Giulia in Montecarlo Blu last Saturday and what I can tell, not only by the looks, but by the first 500km of driving, what an awsome car this is.
As those Pirelli Corsa tyres are quite slippery she will stay in the garage until the weather is a bit less slippery though.

I can only start the thread with some iphone pictures but more are to follow

Attachments

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
May it's a good idea instead of everyone starting their one thread with pics (which would be nice) but also experiences and questions (which would be nice to have them in one thread) I will do the start

I've got my Giulia in Montecarlo Blu last Saturday and what I can tell, not only by the looks, but by the first 500km of driving, what an awsome car this is.
As those Pirelli Corsa tyres are quite slippery she will stay in the garage until the weather is a bit less slippery though.

Oooo... love the colour. Read so many good reviews of the QF and the 2.0 ltr and diesel.

Congrats. I'm envious.

·
Registered
427 Posts

Great Idea. I'd like to know what MPG folks are getting and is it improving the more the car is used. Also what daily driving is like as mine will be my everyday car as I'm sure it will be for quite a few on here

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In Germany you won't get the cover as standard (it is something like 350 EUR). It is nice to look at, however there are some available, that are better quality.

My first 500km my fuel consuption on average was something around 10.9l/100km (23.5mpg) with cruising in and around town and about 400km of Autobahn (up to 150km/h)

The brighter the sun the better the blue. I like blue, even though it looks a bit "standard" when dark, but when the sund comes out you just got to love it.
I got her booked for a Gyeon Mohs+ treatment for the beginning of march as well. Beforehand the rear splitter will be changed as the were two small marks on in from the transport from Italy to Germany (I couldn't wait and had to get her before)

·
Registered
178 Posts
It's on my factory order doc
Likewise and so I challenged the dealership as I wanted to make sure it was included when I picked up my car. The dealer got a response from AR Head Office stating that the item on the product order document is in fact the cover that is used to transport the car from the factory (they're normally white , aren't they?) and not something given to the customer. The black/red cover seen in showroom pics is the handover cover the dealership uses and is not specific to the individual car and presumably is re-used by the dealer at each handover.

I've therefore resigned myself to not getting a cover (even though it would have been ideal in keeping my garaged 159 nice!).

·
Registered
823 Posts
Likewise and so I challenged the dealership as I wanted to make sure it was included when I picked up my car. The dealer got a response from AR Head Office stating that the item on the product order document is in fact the cover that is used to transport the car from the factory (they're normally white , aren't they?) and not something given to the customer. The black/red cover seen in showroom pics is the handover cover the dealership uses and is not specific to the individual car and presumably is re-used by the dealer at each handover.

I've therefore resigned myself to not getting a cover (even though it would have been ideal in keeping my garaged 159 nice!).
Was that Palmers? I just got the exact same response. It makes sense, just badly worded.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Thanks for the link, very handy.

I've gone ahead and asked the question on Twitter as this bugs me. The US 100% get this cover as standard and I struggle to envisage the cover on the Order sheet is what's used in transit.
Enough car cover talk, how's the car?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Enough car cover talk, how's the car?
I'm driving miss daisy at the moment and stuck in the confines of South East London so no real time to play. Have kept it in Natural but will start to open it up by the weekend. Loving the steering reponse in my limited time so far. Have found there's far less to configure in the depths of the menus than I thought.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I'm driving miss daisy at the moment and stuck in the confines of South East London so no real time to play. Have kept it in Natural but will start to open it up by the weekend. Loving the steering reponse in my limited time so far. Have found there's far less to configure in the depths of the menus than I thought.
I know your pain. The roads are wet even when it's not raining. :banghead:

1 - 20 of 500 Posts