Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday NJS checked and updated the ECU software versions on my early 2017 Giulia Quadrifoglio. Details of the changed software as reported by MES 4.5 are given below.

Neil reported that the car needed 11 updates.

The car’s software was last updated by a dealer in early 2018. Dealers don’t do software updates under free servicing unless mandated by AR as a recall. So no updates were done at the 18k and 27k mile services.

So far I’ve only observed a couple of differences :

The Instrument Panel has several changes:

• Oil Level Display is much clearer, though until the oil level drops I can’t judge whether the change has much benefit.
  • MPG scale now has zero at the left with improving MPG to the right. The original way round I found completely counterintuitive.
  • The Trip displays are redesigned - really just cosmetic.
The parking sensor operation is very different.

• It now takes into account whether you have forward, reverse or neutral selected.
  • The switch on the dash now seems only to disable the front sensors.
I’ll update this thread if I find other changes.

MES reports as follows:

ABS changed from software version 8381 to 8401.
Airbag unchanged at 0305
Adaptive headlights unchanged at 0009.
AlfaConnect unchanged at 0002
Body Computer changed from software version E706 to 0718
Blindspot left changed from software version 2102 to 2201.
Blindspot right changed from software version 2102 to 2201.
ECM 1-2-3 changed from software number 10SW026513D version 0000 to 10SW036072D version 0000.
ECM 4-5-6 changed from software number 10SW026513D version 0000 to 10SW036072D version 0000.
Gearbox unchanged at 0010
Gearshift module changed from software version 0019 to 0024.
Climate control changed from software version 1025 to 1126.
Instrument Panel changed from software version 183E to 203C.
Multimedia Control Module unchanged at 1006
Parking Control changed from software number 1.33 version 0800 to 1.33.1.21 version 0908
Steering unchanged at A410

I can’t tell whether the software was changed on the ECUs which are unsupported by MES 4.5 namely Torque Vectoring Module, Chassis Domain Control Module, Radio Frequency Hub Module, Left and Right Active Aerodynamic Modules, Haptical Lane Feedback Module and Driver Assistant System Module.

Andy

PS isn't it a pain that typos in the thread title can't be corrected lastesrt = latest

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Did they manage to do all the updates in one day?
I have a similar age car to yours so it probably needs the same updates.
Do you get the digital Speedo in Race mode now?

·
Registered
352 Posts
My Car is the same years as yours Andy and has never had any software updates applied by the dealer.
However I have never had any issues with the car so far touch wood!

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The car was there for 2 days as front discs and pads needed replacement after 31,000 miles. The Silverstone track day took quite a lot of life out of them.
It might have been a struggle to do the software in a single day. Neil says it can be quite a tedious task.

Not tried RACE yet.

Andy

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My Car is the same years as yours Andy and has never had any software updates applied by the dealer.
However I have never had any issues with the car so far touch wood!
I've not had problems either, but I do believe in keeping software up to date.

Andy

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes there is now a digital speedo in Race.

Andy

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Yes there is now a digital speedo in Race.

Andy
Might get the software updates done then. It's going for 3rd service in the next month. I'll see if I can get the dealer to do any updates but I've had a conversation with them before about this and they won't do updates unless instructed by AR to do as part of solving an issue. I suspect that's more to do with getting paid for doing it as well as covering themselves if it goes wrong. I'll give it a try though. If not I'll take it to AHM.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Might get the software updates done then. It's going for 3rd service in the next month. I'll see if I can get the dealer to do any updates but I've had a conversation with them before about this and they won't do updates unless instructed by AR to do as part of solving an issue. I suspect that's more to do with getting paid for doing it as well as covering themselves if it goes wrong. I'll give it a try though. If not I'll take it to AHM.
smarty156

Do you have the HRW issue of it not working when the battery is low?

If so complain about that, insist on them solving that problem. My new BCM software version seems to solve that. They might update all the ECUs' software, not just the BCM, without charging you.

Do you have MES?

Andy

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I had the battery and IBS replaced at the start of the year as well as a software update then for the HRW issue. Since then stop/start and HRW have worked perfectly (unfortunately!).
No other issues.

Did you get charged for the software updates when they did the brakes?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had the battery and IBS replaced at the start of the year as well as a software update then for the HRW issue. Since then stop/start and HRW have worked perfectly (unfortunately!).
No other issues.

Did you get charged for the software updates when they did the brakes?
My Quadrifoglio free servicing has all been used up, so my only visits to Alfa dealers now are for any warranty work.

NJS at Pershore are looking after the car now. They did the brakes and they do charge for software updates which they are able to do as they have a full WiTech and server licence.

Andy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts