·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MES is today reporting:
Automotive Lighting adaptive headlights
Errors found:
B1071-86 - Left bending error - Signal/message invalid
I've seen this before, but MES has previously been able to clear the error. Today it's a permanent error.
Anyone else seen this?
Might I need a new headlight? Fortunately, I have the Mopar extended warranty which should cover it.

The car goes into LC Motors for a service in a couple of weeks. 4,000 miles only clocked up since I had the 36k mile service done in February.
2nd MoT next week. Fingers crossed

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
Seems to be indicating the cornering light, the one that swivels with the steering. If you park the car at a wall, and swivel the steering with the lights on you should see the light extending outwards, to the sides, as you go from side to side.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, with lock down I haven't needed to take it out of the garage after dark for a few months and I don't suppose I will before it goes for its service. My question was not what the message means, but had anyone else seen it.

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Hi Andy, I have not seen this on any of the forums previously. I would suggest taking it out for a drive at night for shopping and see if the adaptive headlights are functioning with steering input at speed. I do not think this has anything to do with Static Bending Light (SBL) that you see during low speed manoeuvres.

The full fault description is here:

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that info. I normally use the MiTo for shopping trips and commuting, but I will make sure I've had one after dark drive in the Giulia before I take it in for the service in mid-Feb.
It will be interesting to see if my remap is detected.

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
There is a flash counter under the ECM menu visible in MES. Mine is at 1. I suspect yours will be at 2 unless you have had a previous ECM update by a dealer under one of those early campaigns. A higher flash count does not necessarily mean a remap is detected unless they investigate the stored Torque and fuel trims in both ECM and TCM. For example the flash count on my first Giulia was 14!!

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've had 1 probably 2 updates, maybe one by the dealer who sold me the car and certainly one by NJS who have a FCA account and WiTech. So I reckon my counter is at 3 or 4 though I haven't checked it recently.
I rather doubt if any FCA system exists which retains a good record of the number of legitimate flashes. I doubt if there'll be any look at the torque and fuel data.
Your original Giulia's counter showing 14, probably signified several failed flash attempts.

In any event, FCA would struggle to justify refusal to replace a defective headlight under warranty because I'd had a remap.

Reactions: metalgod23

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
My flash counter was at 14 partly due to a few software updates and then due to my Celtic remap being put on and taken off for service, warranty work via the flash tool. 🤐

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Thanks for that info. I normally use the MiTo for shopping trips and commuting, but I will make sure I've had one after dark drive in the Giulia before I take it in for the service in mid-Feb.
It will be interesting to see if my remap is detected.
Is this the BIG 4th service Andy? Mine's booked for the 4th service in late Feb. Fortunately, I have the Service Care package, but I'm told this would have been £1400 plus otherwise.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, I had the 36k service done 11 months ago, this one would be the 45k one but I've only done 40k. Like you I've saved about a £1k already by getting the service plan and I have two services still to use up. I'm hoping I'll be allowed to do the next 9k miles in well under a year .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts