Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
Obviously replica at that price, but that is very cheap and certainly looks good in the photo.

Will have to remember this if I finish up with a Giulia with little wheels, which most seem to have.

I personally prefer the 19'' Prodrive 5-holes or the 19'' 10-spokes for the 159/Brera/Spider.

·
Vendor
46,725 Posts
I think Brera S wheels would look great on a Giulia. Has anyone tried it?

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I follow some alfa page on instagram that usually has loads of giulias on nice alfa wheels.
Funny how alfas always look best on alfa wheels.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think Brera S wheels would look great on a Giulia. Has anyone tried it?

Not sure, but on the 159 8C/Team Dynamics don’t look right.

Spotted the replica alloys on eBay.uk for around £670, not so long ago they was around £1,000
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Obviously replica at that price, but that is very cheap and certainly looks good in the photo.

Will have to remember this if I finish up with a Giulia with little wheels, which most seem to have.

I personally prefer the 19'' Prodrive 5-holes or the 19'' 10-spokes for the 159/Brera/Spider.

Something about the Giulia that makes me think they won’t age very well.

The wheel base looks to long.
The alloys always look to small.
The bonnet shut line looks out of place the way it aligns to the front bumper.
Apart from the headlights, grill, and interior, I really dislike them.
Then again I can’t say I’m a fan of lots of Alfa’s design style.
One being the none facelift 166, the none facelift 156.
Mitos headlight look like they should be wearing those eyelashes that some girls use to have on their VW Beetles. Giulietta isn’t really styled well either.
From some angles the Stelvio is no better looking than a Kia Sportage, again headlights, grill, interior that looks like it’s Italian design, the rest is anyone’s guess

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
Something about the Giulia that makes me think they won’t age very well.

The wheel base looks to long.
The alloys always look to small.
The bonnet shut line looks out of place the way it aligns to the front bumper.
Apart from the headlights, grill, and interior, I really dislike them.
Then again I can’t say I’m a fan of lots of Alfa’s design style.
One being the none facelift 166, the none facelift 156.
Mitos headlight look like they should be wearing those eyelashes that some girls use to have on their VW Beetles. Giulietta isn’t really styled well either.
From some angles the Stelvio is no better looking than a Kia Sportage, again headlights, grill, interior that looks like it’s Italian design, the rest is anyone’s guess

For me, the Giulia simply lacks road presence, almost unheard of for an Alfa. The again, most cars do compared to my current steed.
I remember when I saw the first pics of the Giulia when it was unveiled and thought, ''is this what we waited years for?'' I could hardly believe that such an understated design was the finished product, and that was the Qf model! Those models with 16'' and 17'' wheels look completely ridiculous.
I'll admit when I saw a pic of a Veloce in that lovely light blue and wearing the bigger wheels with the yellow calipers it did look more appealing, but I couldn't justify spending big money on one, it's simply not special enough for me.

The Giulietta I've tried to like, and certain specs do appeal. But if I do finish up with one, it would be nothing more than a stop-gap until something interesting dropped in value and became an attractive proposition.

I still love the GT, GTV, 166 and 156, and yes, facelifted versions of the latter two look much better to me too.
A lot of the 70s and 80s output I find quite ugly to be honest.

·
Registered
Alfa 159 2.0 JTDm Lusso 6sp.
6,078 Posts
I like it a lot ….and it will be my next car.....money allowing. However many of the above points I can understand. First time I saw one was from the side....and I thought it was the new 3 series!. I know that is exactly who they want to poach drivers from (especially company car drivers) .....but did they need to make it look quite so similar. The silhouette is virtually identical. Its like someone had a 3 in front of them though " well we know that's a winner….how can we make it look slightly like an ALFA!!!" At least the QF has more distinctive coachwork.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts