Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bashed my QF aginst a low kerb in a supermarket car park and damaged it, the carbon fibre split horizontally in the centre. I have checked the price of a new one, £2000. I may be able to get it professionally repaired for far less than that but am concerned it may be difficult to remove, my dealer not being forthcoming in that respect.

Has anyone any experience they could pass on to me in respect of just how complicated it is to remove in order to get it repaired.... asking a bit much, but has anyone access to a workshop manual? if there is indeed any such thing nowadays...

Don.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have bashed my QF aginst a low kerb in a supermarket car park and damaged it, the carbon fibre split horizontally in the centre. I have checked the price of a new one, £2000. I may be able to get it professionally repaired for far less than that but am concerned it may be difficult to remove, my dealer not being forthcoming in that respect.

Has anyone any experience they could pass on to me in respect of just how complicated it is to remove in order to get it repaired.... asking a bit much, but has anyone access to a workshop manual? if there is indeed any such thing nowadays...

Don.
There’s a post on giulia forum.com regarding removal, might help , doesn’t sound to bad a job TBH

·
Registered
290 Posts
I thought it was held on by 3 bolts in the underside. My PPF guy needed to drop it to wrap it properly and that's hoe he did it.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I haven't got a QF but I seem to hit every kerb on the planet with the bumper if I park into any space. I try to reverse into most spaces these days? Only got the rear sensors so might be the issue?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well over 20 screws to be removed. cables have to be detached as well. the last step after opening so many different screws is pulling the sides outwards and then the whole bumper outward.

·
Premium Member
2,174 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts