Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just received a Giulia preview brochure and a letter that I will shortly be invited to a Giulia preview event, perhaps at last things are starting move

I just want to order one as soon as possible PLEASE:depressed:

I use to post under 159bbo but the system went nuts so I joined again!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
just received a Giulia preview brochure and a letter that I will shortly be invited to a Giulia preview event, perhaps at last things are starting move

Yes, never mind the preview open the order book....

·
Registered
699 Posts

·
Registered
9,339 Posts

Can you get that brochure scanned in and posted up on here ... or emailed to me ???

Just spoke to a dealer who are taking deposits to secure the first cars .. with no information available as yet ... they believe there will be something from Alfa in the next month ..

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
we have been asked to change passwords due to a security breach. there's a bid add no top when you sign in. maybe you didn't change password in time... :confused:

·
Registered
699 Posts
Can you get that brochure scanned in and posted up on here ... or emailed to me ???

Just spoke to a dealer who are taking deposits to secure the first cars .. with no information available as yet ... they believe there will be something from Alfa in the next month ..
It doesn't say much. You'd probably be better downloading the Giulia and Quadrifoglio brochures from alfaromeo.it. The preview brochure is a subset of that but does have the 59k Quadrifoglio price but no option prices.

·
Administrator
88,052 Posts

·
Registered
9,339 Posts
It doesn't say much. You'd probably be better downloading the Giulia and Quadrifoglio brochures from alfaromeo.it. The preview brochure is a subset of that but does have the 59k Quadrifoglio price but no option prices.
Italian site only has Gasolio models .. Diesels .. don't want one of them :censored: !

And the list price of the cheapest is €35,500 which in today's money is £30,100 approx ..

·
Registered
7,715 Posts
Italian site only has Gasolio models .. Diesels .. don't want one of them :censored: !

And the list price of the cheapest is €35,500 which in today's money is £30,100 approx ..
Sterling prices for the Giulia will go up. The pound will remain weak against the euro, and the forthcoming negotiations with regard to the EU single market will be difficult to say the least.

Indeed it is highly unlikely the UK will remain a part of the EU single market, which means tariff barriers between the UK and EU will vary between 3%-10% depending on the type of goods and services, with cars attracting the highest tariffs. So I would think base models will be significantly more than £30k, so that most models will be over the significant £40k barrier for the new VED rates kicking in from April 2017. You really don't want to look at those new VED rates, you really don't.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Sterling prices for the Giulia will go up. The pound will remain weak against the euro, and the forthcoming negotiations with regard to the EU single market will be difficult to say the least.

Indeed it is highly unlikely the UK will remain a part of the EU single market, which means tariff barriers between the UK and EU will vary between 3%-10% depending on the type of goods and services, with cars attracting the highest tariffs. So I would think base models will be significantly more than £30k, so that most models will be over the significant £40k barrier for the new VED rates kicking in from April 2017. You really don't want to look at those new VED rates, you really don't.
Still, we took control back though eh!

·
Registered
178 Posts

Seems like buying early may be the best way to mitigate both the potential tariff (which surely won't apply until negotiations are finalised) and the VED rates coming in April 2017. I guess a lot depends on the delivery lag (expected to be 3 to 6 months) even if you place an order in September.

·
Registered
9,339 Posts
wikipedia refers to petrol turbo engines with max power around 5000 rpm. redline should start at about 5500 rpm. not exciting enough.
Yeah but where did they get that info from? Could be from anywhere ..

I don't loaded the Italian Giulia brochure from the alfaromeo.it site which is about as useful as a chocolate teapot ... :irked:

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Yeah but where did they get that info from? Could be from anywhere ..

I don't loaded the Italian Giulia brochure from the alfaromeo.it site which is about as useful as a chocolate teapot ... :irked:
just checked wiki's sources... the one that should confirm that «5000 rpm» does not say anything at all about it. it refers to a «5000 rpm» but is linked to Q version max torque.

Alfa Romeo Giulia: svelato a Los Angeles un nuovo motore 2.0 turbo da 280 CV - Infomotori

link 26 in wiki's Giulias english page.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts